Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I read the fish advisory guide I se there is "NO CONSUMPTION" on almost all sizes of whitefish, and lake trout comming from the Lake Michigan waters. I also know for a fact that these fish that have been deemed "NO CONSUMPTION" are also netted and sold by the commercial fisheries to many of our local restaurants. I almost feel cheated that I was not given the same warning when looking at the menus of these establishments. Don't you think this is something the public should be aware of? Haven't the restaurants knowingly put my health at risk, and even more for my pregnant wife?:mad: Why should we accept this? Why don't we insist that the same warnings that we as sportsmen are given, don't find their way to the final consumer of the commercial fishing via the restaurants? I would think the fish warnings should follow the product wherever the fish ends up. Who's to stop us from demanding the truth be known about the quality of their harvest? Perhaps this will in turn curtail the harvest due to demand moving to safer waters?

something I've been pondering, and I'd really like to hear some thoughts.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Original post has been edited so that this thread will survive. I would love to get involved in this issue, so please feel free to email me with anything I may be able to do to support any efforts concerning the topic at hand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.