Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello sportspeople.

For those of you out there using Comcast for your ISP, are you receiving email today ?

I got a few messages this morning and everything was fine. But at about 11:00 this morning I tried to check my mail and got an error message stating the the server terminated connection. I haven't been able to receive any email since. I talked to tech support (which is normally pretty good) but the guy I got today didn't seem to know too much. I straight out asked him if there was a problem with the email server and he kind of mumbled a bit and said "hang on and I'll check". After about 5 or 6 minutes he finally came back on and said "Yeah, that could be the problem". I would think that it would be a pretty much YES or NO answer. Oh well, is YOURS working ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I don't know what it is with comcast but it seems that every month or two I have these problems also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A lot of customers have been exchanging Comcast modems lately if they are an older style. Seem to have better luck with the newer models. I had a lot of problems with my RCA-my Motorola works good.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks. I got it working. On the FOURTH call to tech support I finally got someone who knew exactly what the problem was right off the bat. I just had a corrupt message on the server and it just happened to be the FIRST one there. So as soon as it connected, OE kicked it out and shut down the connection. I just accessed my mail directly from the comcast site and deleted the offending message. All is better now.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Many ISP's are now blocking port 135 to prevent the spread of the latest worms using Microsoft's RPC Vulnerabilites.

Port 135 is used by 2000 active directory, Exchange E-Mail Server and Outlook.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts