Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a non-resident hunting in Dickinson Co. U.P. if I'm reading the digest correct, for archery season it's cheaper for me to purchase the Hung/Fish Combo at $266 rather than a Base & Deer Combo. So i can not only fish and hunt small game I can also take antlered and antlerless deer? Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
14,797 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,797 Posts
They hold the cost down to compensate our mature buck ratio being so low! 🤣
Guess that all depends on where you hunt. 😎I say triple the prices.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah - let's stick it to out of state family members who return home to hunt with their dad/grandpa!!
Thank you for this comment. I came back to hunt only a few days annually with my brother. I don't ever mind paying for licenses, and would've paid whatever the price, but every little bit helps when traveling from afar.

The comparison to out of state GUESTS to illegal border crossers is absurd.

·
Premium Member
14,797 Posts
Yeah - let's stick it to out of state family members who return home to hunt with their dad/grandpa!!
Why not get in line with other states is all I’m saying. I don’t like paying high license fees when I hunt out west but I’m not a resident so I have to.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Are you saying that paying $266 for an out of state fishing license, small game and 2 buck licenses is getting screwed ?

L & O

·
Premium Member
14,797 Posts
Are you saying that paying $266 for an out of state fishing license, small game and 2 buck licenses is getting screwed ?

L & O
I’m pretty sure he s referring to me saying I think it should be triple that. But that is a really good deal to hunt and fish in our state

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Me, im that guy. Im the one that comes home to bowhunt for 1 week with my 81 year old dad and buddy. I buy a single tag that I rarely ever fill anyway (most of the time by choice because I don't see a buck I want to shoot). For the love of GOD, please don't triple or even double the price.

·
Registered
15,311 Posts

L & O
I'm saying that people who want out of state license fees tripled are missing the impact that would have on many families who reunite in Michigan every fall to hunt together.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts