Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trophy Husband
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone heading out there this year? I leave a week from today. Still get excited about the trip even though I have gone about 15 times over the last 20 years (I've lost count). I hunt there unguided with a group of friends one of whom is from the area. Past few years I have taken my dad along as well who at 75 decided this year he is too old and is going to just stay in camp and do dishes....bonus! In addition to elk I am also carrying a mule deer tag this year. We hunt the SW part of the state, area 71 and 711...a little north and west of Durango in the San Juan National Forest. Below are a few pics of years gone by...So how about it, who's going and what area? Guided or unguided?

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
I would be excited too... thanks for sharing the photos

·
Registered
786 Posts
Used to hunt out there just north of you in Area 70. On North Mountain. The hunting was awesome. Got 5 elk out there in 5 hunts. One muley. I really miss those hunts. Seeing your pics brought back a lot of good memories. Wish I could go back someday but the rancher who used to let us hunt his land passed away. Enjoy it while you can. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Man, these pictures have me pumped. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for my first western hunt (Wyoming mule deer) and couldn't be more excited.

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Good luck, Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

I will be headed to Montana in about a week.

Kevin

·
Registered
408 Posts
We Just got back from a New Mexico elk hunt, first time for 2 out of the 4 going.....we filled our tags inside 3 days: 1 6x6, 2 6x5's and one 5x4.....wow are there a lot of animals in the San Juan mountain range!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts