Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My calendar tells me there is coldwater steering committee meeting tonight in Grayling. I was looking forward to taking in, just to see how things work. Unfortunately it turns out that I have class and can't make it. I'm still curious though as to what is up for discussion tonight (If the meeting is still being held. Couldn't find it on any of the DNR calendars)? I was also curious with the NRC becoming the main decision making body for fisheries, if the role of the citizen advisory committees has become more trivial? I know there are some forum members that actively participate, so I'd just be interested to hear if anything of substance is on the table?

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,518 Posts
I think that they are going to talk about the first year surveys they conducted on the 10 limit brook trout streams.

On a side note we had our best brook trout camp in years and we fish 2 of the increased limit streams. Only thing that we can equate to the upswing by our log, is the increased water levels. We didn't run into anyone doing surveys, probably because it was the last week of season. Didn't know about the survey monkey, or I would have chimed in.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I had to miss the meeting for a last minute family situation, I'll let one of the guys who attended chime in on what was covered.

The pre-set agenda was:

10:00 – 10:10 Welcome and introductions
10:10 – 10:20 Terms of reference refresher and updates (Troy Zorn)
10:20 – 10:50 Retail business and other organizational representation on CRSC (Zorn/Dexter)
10:50 – 11:10 Changes to regulatory process (Jim Dexter)
11:10 – 12:00 Trout management plan: outlining structure and content (Troy Zorn)
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
12:30 – 1:10 Steelhead stocking, regulations, and harvest (Mark Tonello and Tracy Kolb)
1:10 – 2:40 Steelhead bag limits discussion (All)
2:40 – 2:50 Topics for future CRSC meetings
2:50 – 3:00 Date and location for next meeting

As Ray stated above, there was also a preliminary update that was pre-circulated on the 10 BKT limit, even though it wasn't specifically on the agenda.

Don

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Don and Ray. I see the meeting minutes get posted on the DNR website, so I'll look for those (Not sure how long it takes whoever to upload them). "Changes to the regulatory process" is I assume related to fisheries decisions being made by the NRC now. It will be interesting to see how this works out in the years to come.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts