Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Cold Front ALERT!!!

8K views 80 replies 49 participants last post by  springIstrutfallIrut 
#1 ·
Who besides me, and OGB, is hunting Tuesday morning 10/12?
In my neck of the woods (EATON Co.) thunderstorms overnight, rain until dawn, 11-12 mph SW winds, coupled with a nearly 10 degree temp drop from midnight until dawn, should be MONEY!

#45 ·
Well the forecast was a classic flop so I'm in the office. Little to no rain over night, ZERO thunder and lightning (severe), and nearly dead calm this morning.

Reactions: anagranite
#68 ·
Saturday evening looks right for the first sit for me I go in early and hang and hunt. I refuse to hunt am’s until the 25th every time I do it I bust deer on the way in the dark. I’ve stuck to that rule the last 3 seasons and I have been the most successful I ever have been. My spots are small and making mistakes like bumping deer is costly on small properties. Expected Daytime high Saturday is about 59-60f I expect Sat evening to cool to 49-50f we were about 80f today so supposed to be mid seventies all week until Saturday. That kind of a cool down should get some bucks antsy and moving about, either to feed or mark off some of their territory. And hopefully bumble into me. Bring on the cool down lets get the party started .

#70 ·
Got a fat doe on the down wind side of The Mac, saw everything! Had to take a break and wait on a bunch of elk to feed through, dang beautiful! Un-knocking and staying put saved my hunt. When I saw the cows feed into my blind area, I un-knocked my arrow and waited. Pretty soon they wandered off un-spooked. As soon as I put my finger glove back on and re-knocked, a very mature doe walked right up to the blind.

#73 ·
I might actually get to hunt this weekend at some point! Gotta keep my bow and clothes accessible. Closing out our house tomorrow then the other one on Monday, the weekend will be kinda of the eye of the storm until the second half of the work begins.

My luck I will shoot a monster and have that to worry about in between all the other stress of moving. Lol

#79 ·
Told my boy to wait till today to hunt with the temp drop since he is limited with college and baseball practices , he went this afternoon hit a public land spot put down a nice buck at 5:30 dogging a doe !!! Here I am up north only saw a spike lol would have rather seen a nice big doe lol

#80 ·
The boys were on their feet and moving today in daylight hours in my neck of the woods.
My friend on a different area of the farm saw nothing this morning. Ya just never know. not sure what, if anything he saw tonight.

L & O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.