Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Saturday morning in Hillsdale is the day!!. NW winds. I see nothing about Tuesday to peek my interest. The morning low difference from Monday to Tuesday is only 6 degrees. South winds still bad for me and still warm temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Friday evening on looks about as bucky as it gets for mid October.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I plan on Saturday morning for my first morning sit. It's a week earlier than I had planned, but a big temp drop, NW wind and I have some good bucks hanging around where I want to sneak into.

My phone shows rain and wind for here tomorrow, maybe I'll get out Wednesday evening.

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Really? Ok.
Daytime high in Hillsdale today is 79, what is it tomorrow? Severe weather (thunderstorms) tonight with rain ending at dawn.
You're probably right.

It’s really about the wind for me. South winds are still a no no for me. The morning temp drop would be more of factor also. Daytime high tomorrow is still 65. That’s not even cool yet. It’s been raining pretty good the last 10 days in southern MI, not sure the deer will notice. Lol
Now Saturday lows are in the low 40’s. Now we’re talking.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Just waiting for my testosterone level to rise, it takes a while for old men (and old deer). Good luck to all, but probably sit for the first time around the 25th

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
Just waiting for my testosterone level to rise, it takes a while for old men (and old deer). Good luck to all, but probably sit for the first time around the 25th
I may give in and sit an evening sooner then that, but this weather being hot, humid and constant rain is making it easy on me to not sweat up all my clothes up and burn my property. I'm starting to feel the itch though, lol.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I’ll be on my way to southern Ohio for a scouting and hunting adventure

I'll be heading down as well, as long as I get over this cold my entire family has right now. (All tested negative for covid)

The highs for Saturday and Sunday are mid fifties with lows near 40. I've had a lot of action on cameras with mock scrapes and this weekend should have a few on their feet checking things out.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I may give in and sit an evening sooner then that, but this weather being hot, humid and constant rain is making it easy on me to not sweat up all my clothes up and burn my property. I'm starting to feel the itch though, lol.
. I saw a very nice eight open up a scrape line this morning out my back door drinking coffee! Know the feeling but my records of kills tells me, wait, and it is hard to do

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Will be out tomorrow night. The outskirts of A2 , Washtenaw County. Deer aren't my problem. Care less about a buck. Doe welcome within 30 yards of me. :giggle:

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
This "cold front"...DINK!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I plan on sleeping in, but my brother is coming down to my place and hunting the farm for the next two days and going to be putting him in the best stands possible. He hunts private up north, spends way more time in the woods, yet i have multiple bigger bucks as the property is just that better. hoping he can seal the deal on one of the big guys. ill be out in the afternoon though.

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Wait what, tommorow morning? Wash out here.. Saturday looks good and Michigan has a bye, so I may go..

21 - 40 of 81 Posts