Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This event is organized by the head of another social media group in conjunction with Conservation Officers from the Bay City District.

The following information is provided at his request.

Our next Community Outreach Event is Scheduled for Saturday March 24th at 8 A.M. @ Turkey Roost in Linwood.

Please share with friends and family. We need as many outdoors people at these events as possible. This is a great way to get answers to your questions face to face. And you don’t only get to meet these CO’s but other outdoor’s people who might be interested in mutual fishing or hunting outings.

Thank you all for your help in making this a great event! Fish On!

· Premium Member
12,634 Posts
This event is organized by the head of another social media group in conjunction with Conservation Officers from the Bay City District.

Our next Community Outreach Event is Scheduled for Saturday March 24th at 8 A.M. @ Turkey Roost in Linwood.

Please share with friends and family. We need as many outdoors people at these events as possible. This is a great way to get answers to your questions face to face. And you don’t only get to meet these CO’s but other outdoor’s people who might be interested in mutual fishing or hunting outings.

Any idea on what the topic would be? I am more of a fisher person than hunting even though I do hunt for them big brown animals that are very tasty! I did have one CO advise that they are not changing the limit on the gators this year.

· Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea on what the topic would be? I am more of a fisher person than hunting even though I do hunt for them big brown animals that are very tasty! I did have one CO advise that they are not changing the limit on the gators this year.
If it's like the last one, no particular topic. Just come in and sit down talk with CO's and other fishermen. He's trying to line up one of the Fisheries guys to be there as well.

· Premium Member
12,634 Posts
If it's like the last one, no particular topic. Just come in and sit down talk with CO's and other fishermen. He's trying to line up one of the Fisheries guys to be there as well.
Thank you. Just asked as it is about 70 miles for us to get over there.

· Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. Just asked as it is about 70 miles for us to get over there.
Understood. Feel free to stop in if you think it's worth the drive.

· Premium Member
12,634 Posts
I think after this one, you guys need to have the next one at Hooters! Uhhh, just because the river is there as a great conversation/illustration reference if needed!:D:lol:
I had a buddy that told his wife that Hooters was a "Save the Owls Conservancy". :confused: There was hell to pay when she figured out that he was just playing her.:eek::eek:;)

p.s.

She actually believed him.:lol::lol:

· Registered
27,346 Posts
I think after this one, you guys need to have the next one at Hooters! Uhhh, just because the river is there as a great conversation/illustration reference if needed!:D:lol:
Flotation devices?

I wish I lived closer.

· Banned
5,182 Posts

At this Community Outreach Event will the topic of Commercial netters be allowed/ discussed or will that cross the line for this meeting. If allowed, count me in. If not I will be a no show!

· Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At this Community Outreach Event will the topic of Commercial netters be allowed/ discussed or will that cross the line for this meeting. If allowed, count me in. If not I will be a no show!
If a fisheries guy shows it would be a question they should be able to address. Being that it is more of a biological issue and not a Law Enforcement issue, Conservation Officers wouldn't really be of any help to answer questions regarding it.

I'll update the post if Fisheries personnel are planning on attending.

· Banned
5,182 Posts
If a fisheries guy shows it would be a question they should be able to address. Being that it is more of a biological issue and not a Law Enforcement issue, Conservation Officers wouldn't really be of any help to answer questions regarding it.

I'll update the post if Fisheries personnel are planning on attending.
Thanks for the reply. Understand it may be labeled a biological issue in some regard. As I am not to concerned on their opinions on the fish migrating to certain areas. My issues with the nets is a Law enforcement issue, 1. Nets placed without markers or improper markers (like a beer bottle). 2. Proper Names on markers. 3. Quotas the netters take in that is not recorded/turned in. 4. Soak time violations Ect.....Just those few questions I believe you and your fellow officers should be able to answer. Thanks

· Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the reply. Understand it may be labeled a biological issue in some regard. As I am not to concerned on their opinions on the fish migrating to certain areas. My issues with the nets is a Law enforcement issue, 1. Nets placed without markers or improper markers (like a beer bottle). 2. Proper Names on markers. 3. Quotas the netters take in that is not recorded/turned in. 4. Soak time violations Ect.....Just those few questions I believe you and your fellow officers should be able to answer. Thanks
Feel free to show up with those types of questions. Anything relative to the current law would be welcome.

· Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I plan on going always like talking with the dnr co's ! like hearing from their perspective on the bay and fisheries and they see it everyday!
Probably see you there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.