Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my CB I used a rocker cocking device to load or shall I say pull back the string. Nice groupage as far as my shooting. Wacked a nice 8 pointer.

I have not shot in a week or so. I went out to shoot and could not find my rocker rope loading thingy. So, I loaded it by hand. WACK, 6 inches left. Ok, maybe I moved a lil bit. Wack, 6 inches left... WHAT THE bleep... Ok, I loaded another and was even farther left. So I made the adjustments on the scope and was close to the center on my target, still not happy with how I was shooting, inconsistant. I then got to reading the trouble shooting section of my manual and it says this can happen if you dont use a loading device.

I came down from my stand last night early for I was lacking confidence and knew I needed to fix this. I cant for the life of me find my rocker loading rope. So, off to the store to get another and re-sight in the parker 150 BuckBuster.

Any Thoughts/Opinions on this issue,

Rooster

PS... Only saw one Deer last night... A nice looking lil 4 point. Passed him up, would have passed him up even with my confidence high.

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
Mark your string on both sides of the rail with a sharpe so you can tell if your bow is cocked straight. I think the most accurate is cock it with the cocking aid and then mark it for future need. When you cock it with out the aid one arm tends to be stronger and therefore lead. I have mine marked and have checked on target just in case.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tore the house apart and found the Aid.

Thanks for the tip. I will mark it after I draw it back with the Aid.

WOW, the Sun just popped out and I can not get over the Strong colors of the trees this year. Headin outside to play with the CB and enjoy the nice cool weather...

ENJOY

·
Registered
206 Posts
If You Lose it again remember this trick.

Place your thumbs in against the Rail as you cock it. this will guide your string up almost as good as your cocker.

Migabby

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's why I bought two cocking ropes. If I loose one, I still have an extra one in my backpack. I'm not sure I could even cock my Parker Buckbuster 175 without it.

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
Mark it before you draw it back.....
If you mark it before you draw it back on alot of bows the angle of the string and the trigger mecanism cause the marks to be covered.

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you mark it before you draw it back on alot of bows the angle of the string and the trigger mecanism cause the marks to be covered.
Good to know, I didn't know that, I know it's not like that on my Horton Hunter HD175..Thanks for the heads up Plugger...

Mike

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re-Sighted in. Use the Rocker rope thingy and I shot way right, just like I thought it would. 3 Bolts later and I have it on Zero as I like to say. Zero, bingo, BULLSEYE...

Great stuff tonight on stand. I love watching Rutting White Tails. The little fella's were creating and stirring trouble all evening long running the Girls all over. I saw the same lil basket racked 6 point as well as the same beefy 4 point this evening. No shots but I had a great time sittin in a tree on Halloween.

Finished up my pre-hunt practice with a broadhead. Just like I thought about an inch low. Made the adjustment and I am right back on Zero. Down to my last new Broadhead though... :mad:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Ditto...same thing happened to me. I was shooting right with out the rocker about 6 inches.

Homedepot... picked up 4 little clothes line wheely thingys a little rope and some deer horn for handles. Wallaaaa....

Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts