Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been down there yet? I went Saturday. It was pretty crowded.

I mostly checkout the larger great lakes boats.

Highlights:
Cabo 35' - First time I had seen one at the Cobo Show. It is a tank. Compair the weight to the Tiara's in the same length.

Scout 28' CC - Again, first time I remember seeing any Scouts at the show. All fiberglass, no wood. I liked 6 rod holders in the floor. Very compairable to a Grady.

Regulator 26' FS - These guys came up from Ohio. Very nice boat. FS stands for foward seating. Excellant 24 degree deadrise. Salesman said that it will out perform any CC at the show in 4 footers. I think if I was going to buy a not well known CC though, I would opt for the Contender.

Tiara - Had a ton of boats.

Pursuit - Not as many boat. Salesman said they are going to stop producing the larger ones at the end of this year. Want to stop competing with its partner Tiara.

Grady's - I dont remember seeing a CC there. Quite a few opens and expresses in the 22' - 33' range.

SeaRay - Only fishing boat worth looking at is the 29' AJ. But I dont like it.

Bayliner/Trophies - I dont remember seeing one there? I guess I missed them?

Striper - Quite a few fishing boats. They are hiding the largest one, a 29', against the one wall. I did not spend any time on them.

Boston Whaler - Some boats. I like the 16 footer. The larger ones just look too strange.

Good show. Not sure if it is worth the $11 to get in the door though. Any one know how much the auto show is?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Was there Sunday, looked at the Grady Whites, I bought one at the show in 1998, my boat the seafarer hasn't changed. The bayliners were positioned near the corner to the right of where we entered, Wilson marine I think. There was a Triton center console 26 feet or more that caught my eye, howerver the price tag was 73 thousand. and that 30 ft Boston Whaler was awesome and so was its price 150 thousand. Alot of people looking.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Did either one of you happen to bring your camera with you?
it's been a cold winter and some pics of the new rigs might help ease the pain!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Regulators are top of the line with saltwater boaters along with Contender but you don't see many around the great lakes. They are in demand in Florida and the east coast. I looked at them myself last year and ended up with a Pursuit which was my original choice. My concern was resale as people in this area are not yet familiar with them. That may change over time with a lake Erie Ohio dealer now. Big $$$$ too for either of those two. Very nice though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went down Saturday... MY GOD, is it just me or did the Lunds jump LIGHTYEARS in price from last year? .:eek: so much so that a decent lund seems out of the question new If i were to get one

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
went down Wednesday after work crowds were very light, seemed to be more high end boats,then boats for us working poor,thought that might be reverse, being were in the thrid year of a recession.I agree alexei289 the Lunds seemed to have jumped in price.they always been pricey,but now there out of site.had a goodtime dreaming at the boat show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts