Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The coaat guard chopper is out circling over the ice tonight. I live at Jefferson and SRR and that's usually not a good sign when I hear those blades churning all night. Anybody hear anything? I usually get that sick feeling and say a prayer when I hear them circling.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Angels of mercy! Especially when the ice is making noise........Such a serene feeling knowing they're out there....

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Yeah they were over where I was today pretty much the whole time I was there. They were also fairly low.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I heard the coast guard cut the ice over that way the other day. Guy said he was fishing and the cutter had to have came by with in 300 feet of them. Don’t know how much truth to that there is. I think that was Thursday.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I heard the coast guard cut the ice over that way the other day. Guy said he was fishing and the cutter had to have came by with in 300 feet of them. Don’t know how much truth to that there is. I think that was Thursday.
Not sure if this is related , but the last ships sailing are having a lot of trouble....The ship Mississagi got stranded several times last night in the St Clair River.....1st at St Clair...again at Marine City and yet again at the cut off....The Samuel Risley helped free them ..also the vessel Capt. Henry Jackson was standed several times in Lake Erie...attempting to get to Pt Colburn...Two vessels ..the Calusa Coast and the US Morro Bay were dispatched to assist....The Coasties are having trouble keeping the ice from jamming up ..has already caused some flooding.....I'm sure their helo's are in the air as well...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't Panic remember the US Coast Guard is part of Homeland Security and might of been assisting ground troops in apprehending someone . Trust me that ice is not going anywhere until maybe in the middle of the week.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
And for the guys that strictly fish the canals (me lol) that ice is guaranteed to not go anywhere for quite some time.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
We all know you catch some nice fish.lol.Seems like it would be easier to find you then find fish.All in good fun!Good luck tomorrow if you go.I'm hoping the bite turns on with the weather change.
I think I just get lucky with the fish, God knows I have no skill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts