Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Clip capacity question?

1806 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Skinner 2
Is there a clip capacity requirement/law for predators? I only ask because I wanted to hit the woods with my AR but only have the 20 round mags. Do I have to get a 5 round mag to bring it? I know you can not carry over 5 for deer.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Never mind. I found it

Attachments

Can anyone recommend good 5rd mags for ARs? I tried a couple pro-mags and they wouldn’t even fit in the magwell.
I use ar stoner I believe they are called.work great for me
I have a few magpul 10 rounders, get a few 5 round limiters or plugs and from them and your all set.

I’ve had zero problems with magpul
Reactions: doggk9
https://www.magpul.com/products/fir...ories/minus-5-round-limiter-pmag-ar-m4-gen-m3
Not bad for a 3 pack, may search further and find them cheaper. Easy to put together also
FWIW, I took a 30 rd Hexmag that wouldn't drop free and limited it to 5 by using a 1/8 inch rivet on the front narrow edge of the mag. This limits the follower from going low enough to load more than 5.

I learned this trick from a couple Canadians that I have shot 3-gun matches with. They do this in Canada to limit to 10 rounds for their National laws. The rivet is considered a "permanent" modification because it is not easily changed.

Just thought I'd share.
Is there a clip capacity requirement/law for predators? I only ask because I wanted to hit the woods with my AR but only have the 20 round mags. Do I have to get a 5 round mag to bring it? I know you can not carry over 5 for deer.
6 total, being in chamber and magazine combined

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
5 in the mag and 1 in the chamber=6
Same here.
I have a few magpul 10 rounders, get a few 5 round limiters or plugs and from them and your all set.

I’ve had zero problems with magpul
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.