Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'd imagine that she'll be good and blown if we get the rain that is forecasted this evening. Which is what we need because it's been unfishable for at least a week. Get your Christmas shopping done now, she tends to come down pretty quick.

·
Registered
864 Posts
It will give those log jammed fish access to move on up like the Jefferson's also!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I certainly hope so.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Usually does I always have my best days right after the river was high its like it moves a lot of fish "up"

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Good news ice is gone, water looked heavily stained and fishable in the afternoon but when I drove over around 5 pm it looked high in Utica. If it rains all night then most likely the water will be to fast for tomarrow, but when I looked at the usgs chart it showed a sharp drop in flow, that means the spillway opened up. It's good to see open water, can't wait too wet a line!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Can't wait I'm ready!.....Pike wanna get together sometime and tame some chrome?!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sounds good. Just drove over the Clinton on M-53. Wide open. Gonna get out tomorrow. Shoot me a Pm and we'll go

Sent From The Halls Of Krom

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for report. Won't be able to get out until next week though.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hit it pretty hard today with Spawn/cranks/jigs. Had one very convincing bobber drop on a Pink/purple schlappen jig. River is a bit high, but very fishable. I'd be careful on deeper crossings.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I also went out this morning in Utica and Yates. Visibility low but the river is healthy right now. Did not get any hits or chasers on tots or jigs. I'll get out again Christmas morning. Should be perfect by then.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you all.

Sent From The Halls Of Krom

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Yup no bites for me after a couple hours. Yeh sometimes it takes a couple days for those fish to settle in there spots, usually after a big change in conditions. At least that's what I'm telling myself!?! Lol

·
Registered
512 Posts
We hit it hard today with only one convincing take down....will probably be back out tomorrow.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Plenty of shelf ice and ice flows near Yates as well. If the forecast for the next few days is right, she's gonna lock up pretty quick. Missed one fish due to angler error.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts