Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

781 - 789 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Someone posted about the Red Run and where sewage comes into the Clinton. Where is that? I’m trying to fish upstream of that lol
Here are two spots you should investigate.Both are in Pontiac.
1. North of M59,East of N.Martin Luther King Blvd
2.South of M59, West of N.Opdyke Rd.

Easy enough to google WWTP if you don't know what that is an acroymyn for

·
Registered
177 Posts
I used to barely see anyone out there, now everytime I'm out i see an average of 3 new faces so if all the new people see garbage and graffiti thats the impression they get and thats the way the river will get treated.
It's been crazy since Covid started even in the summer, places I Smallmouth fish where no one ever whent, I'm now seeing people. I work with younger guys who are outdoorsmen and fisherman. They tell me all the young people like to post everything on line, on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Fishbrain, etc. We have some lakes we like to bass fish and before we set out one day my buddy said there was over 50 posts and pictures of people with bass in a few days....we had to change spots. Over and over again they show me all these posts and pictures. People worry on here about posting stuff....guess what.... it's all over on the web...it's crazy. I imagine Lake St.Clair is the same. I try really hard to find places no one goes....it's really hard. The garbage everywhere is sickening to... I agree...and the fishing line all over the place. All these people have to do is put it in your pocket... I've done it before, I don't want to see an animal caught in it...bad enough I get caught in it! LOL. Well if we're out there we'll try to set a good example... maybe it will catch on.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #786
I mean you guys can get mad about there being people in your spots, but I'd much rather see people my age out fishing then sitting on their behinds on their phones doing nothing. The art of the outdoors is dying with my generation. I have a fishing group of buddies of about 20 guys and i'd say about 3 of them besides me fish once a month or more, and I currently only know one other person my age who even has had gone hunting more then once.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I mean you guys can get mad about there being people in your spots, but I'd much rather see people my age out fishing then sitting on their behinds on their phones doing nothing. The art of the outdoors is dying with my generation. I have a fishing group of buddies of about 20 guys and i'd say about 3 of them besides me fish once a month or more, and I currently only know one other person my age who even has had gone hunting more then once.
How old are you gabe? I'm 32...I like what you are saying. Most of my buddies never or rarely fished, I can think of a few who only ever caught fish with me,.even a 23 inch brown thru the ice I put a buddy on wasnt enough to keep him at it..

I will say, I see more guys at least in ann arbor area, fishing in their early to mid 20s these past couple of years than even guys around my age...but overall yes much lower than previous generations....soon much stocking will be a thing of the past imho

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #788
How old are you gabe? I'm 32...I like what you are saying. Most of my buddies never or rarely fished, I can think of a few who only ever caught fish with me,.even a 23 inch brown thru the ice I put a buddy on wasnt enough to keep him at it..

I will say, I see more guys at least in ann arbor area, fishing in their early to mid 20s these past couple of years than even guys around my age...but overall yes much lower than previous generations....soon much stocking will be a thing of the past imho
I am only 19 years old. Hopefully I can get more people addicted to fishing, and keep the sport alive idk. I love it too much, everyone I meet out fishing is generally 30+ years of age. I’d hate to see myself in 20 years and there’s no one out there like me to spread my knowledge too.

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
I am only 19 years old. Hopefully I can get more people addicted to fishing, and keep the sport alive idk. I love it too much, everyone I meet out fishing is generally 30+ years of age. I’d hate to see myself in 20 years and there’s no one out there like me to spread my knowledge too.
Shouldn't you be out playing disc golf? Lol. Just kidding. Nice to see fresh blood having a love for fishing. When I was your age I was always out there absorbing every bit of knowledge I could. Good on you for getting out there, not many younger fellows like yourself on the water these days.

781 - 789 of 789 Posts