Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been out once or twice this year and haven’t seen anything yet but things should start to turn on any day now. I wanted to know if any one has seen or caught any steelies yet this year in the Clinton? I fish at Yates and River bend mostly but I know a few other spots, any info would be great!

Thanks Everyone,

Jack

·
Registered
455 Posts
I’ve been out once or twice this year and haven’t seen anything yet but things should start to turn on any day now. I wanted to know if any one has seen or caught any steelies yet this year in the Clinton? I fish at Yates and River bend mostly but I know a few other spots, any info would be great!

Thanks Everyone,

Jack
One last weekend on a chrome yellow perch tot. Not the biggest, but a start to the Fall run. Will definitely be catching more with all this rain that has came

Sent from my SM-G965U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
308 Posts
The
1-3 for me yesterday for Steel and 1-2 for my buddy. I also caught a few Pike And my friend got a bonus Walter View attachment 336269 View attachment 336271 View attachment 336272 View attachment 336273 View attachment 336274

Thing that kills me is I try every year in the spring around the Utica area . I live by there.... and all I get are suckers using worms, gave up on lures, got a small pike once, i have done the "Yates" thing to no avail, i've caught some small largemouth above the dam on vibrax. So what ever you doing keep it up! Show us the pictures......so we know theres fish! LOL! Nice job Pikewhisperer.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The

Thing that kills me is I try every year in the spring around the Utica area . I live by there.... and all I get are suckers using worms, gave up on lures, got a small pike once, i have done the "Yates" thing to no avail, i've caught some small largemouth above the dam on vibrax. So what ever you doing keep it up! Show us the pictures......so we know theres fish! LOL! Nice job Pikewhisperer.
November will be better. We need lots of rain to raise the river and flush the leaves. I covered miles today with not even a bite. Started at 9 this morning and just left the river at 6pm. It's just chucked full of leaves everywhere

·
Registered
308 Posts
I do
November will be better. We need lots of rain to raise the river and flush the leaves. I covered miles today with not even a bite. Started at 9 this morning and just left the river at 6pm. It's just chucked full of leaves everywhere

I did a little fishing at the North end by Pontiac over the weekend, only got one small brown, and a few Creek chubs and shiners. Maybe it's the weather? Keep us informed

·
Registered
455 Posts
I went out for a bit earlier had a steelhead hit a hot n tot. Silver flash, peeled drag and gone. They're in there! Pikewhisperer, what color hot n tots do you use?
Mainly Pearl Ghost or even Wonder Bread Ghost Flash. I have the old Prizim Tots that are no longer made that work well also. The Blue/Nickel and Red Bill also a classic go too and is easy to find just about anywhere

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I also fished with no bites. Leaves are a problem and need rain. I covered a couple miles in two different areas. Seemed like last year first week of November we started getting some bites. I had one 5 fish day on November 15th. I sent a picture of the dead king I found last week to fisheries biologist, fish was adipose clipped. He told me it came from different stocking location/ river

·
Registered
455 Posts
How were the leaves and water clarity?
Leaves were still a factor in Utica this morning. Hooked a massive fish around 7:15 am. Had a small shake an hour later. Had to get out at 9 for family events. Will be out longer tomorrow and I'm sure clarity will be much better also

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.