Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry I'm late with sharing this year. I am helping to lead a cleanup again this year on the Clinton river at yates. Volunteer and show up for a free shirt, hat, lunch, and bragging rights for doing your part on the river! You just might learn a thing or two about the fishery along the way!

As most of us know, yates is a hot spot for steelhead and other species throughout the year. The clinton recieves 25000 steelhead stocked annually, most of which return for us to play with for half of the year! I am chairing the event for the metro west steelheaders chapter of the mssfa (formerly known as the Michigan steelheaders), and we have partnered up with mucc and the Clinton river watershed council to make this another successful year!

Last year we had about 25 volunteers involved to clear just shy of 500 pounds of trash and debris from the dam on down to the shooting range.

MUCC is keeping track of the headcount on their website, and donating shirts and lunch to all volunteers. Field and stream has donated some great hats for the first 25 volunteers to register and sign in the morning of the event. Metrowest steelheaders is bringing cooking supplies and beverages for volunteers. The Clinton river watershed council is bringing all of the cleanup supplies and arranging for trash removal with the city.

It will be a great event, and a very rewarding experience for all involved. If you are available, please consider joining us on the river to lend a hand, beautify the river, share a fish tale or two, and swap tips and techniques for fishing the clinton!

It really was a fun time last year, with great folks involved. I hope we can have a good turnout, and a great time with this event! I hope to see you there, please visit the following website for registration to ensure you get your shirt size reserved!

https://mucc.org/event/otg-clinton-river-clean/

Any questions or problems registering, shoot me an email or give me a call!

[email protected] or 810.569.4184

Thanks!!!
Adam

1 - 1 of 1 Posts