Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about what time the stores starts putting there ice fishing items on clearence. If I could get a good deal, I would like to get a auger and some new ice fishing rods if possible. I was at miejers the other day and they had things mark down a buck or 2.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Gander Mountain in Saginaw has alot of things on clearance right now. Was their last night looking at shantys last night with my dad. They have the scout (i believe) marked down to $150. Most Ice Fishing rod were marked down about $5 from original price, and a $1 or $2 taken off of some fishing lures (pending lure original price).

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Stelmon, down this way in the Ann Arbor area most places already have everything marked down. I had a hell of a time even finding an auger before the lsc outing. Cabela's was out of them and I had to call 3 dunhams only to get their last one! So....Dunhams and Meijer down this way already have their stuff on sale. Also I was able to pick a good deal on 600 gram thinsulate boots at meijers for only 18 bucks! Good luck in finding some deals.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Here in Essexville, the Meijer store is just about bare of ice fishing things. Some small jigs, spuds,cheap rods, and one Shappelle 3000 shanty. No clothes, or boots.

·
Registered
103 Posts
at meijers in lapeer they have no more ice fishing stuff left not even a jig. But alot of their fishing rods are on clearance saw a noodle rod there on sale for 25.00 lots of reels on sale too. also the walmart here has all theire fishing stuff on clearance!

·
Registered
249 Posts
From what I've seen, Meijer and Wal-mart don't put clearance prices on augers anyway (power augers, that is).

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The Meijer stores here in GR seem to be empty also. It seems that they may have stocked less this year, thus no big clearence like last year.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Gandermountail in utica Has Some Icefishing Stuff On Clearance.. I Bought A Nice Rod lastnight For 7.99 Originally 24.99

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went to meijers today while my friends did a shopping spree and I picked up a ultra light fishing rod for 15. 10 and a eskimo ice auger for 24.70. Anyone ever use this kinda ice auger?

I am going to ganer tomarrow to see if I can get any better of a deal. I can't wait to use my new stuff.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I need absolutely nothing more except for some lazer 6" blades, but I heard Wallmart has their Carharts on Clearance now.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Stelmon,
What size auger did you get. I bought an Eskimo Barracude 8" auger at Dunhams, but it was 50 with 10 bucks off making it 40 bucks. Is your auger smaller or did I just get shafted?

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
4" hole would be perfect for most fishing. I would buy extra blades because they don't last long, so baby those blades--don;t let anybody use it who doesn't know how to baby it.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I hope for your sake Stelmon that anyone reading your reply at the top of page 2 also read my question on page one. Otherwise it's going to look really bad. Only 4 inches?!

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
Yesterday I finally made the decision to replace my heavily damaged Shappell DX3000 if I could find a clearance somewhere...As of yesterday Gander Mtn in Taylor had 2 Shappell 4000DX for $299.99 and 7 Clam Fish Trap Guides for $349.99.

I called 7-10 Meijer stores within a 30 mile radius of Ann Arbor, and most of them had a few Shapell S3000 Shanties remaining for $149.99, and I finally found 1 store in Belleville that had my DX3000 for $199. I lucked out I guess -- they accidentally had it in the warehouse still.

That aside, Meijer had all ice fishing stuff 20% but slim pickins in the few stores I visited... Eskimo 8" augers were still available at a couple stores for like $24.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I drill a 4" hole next to my 8" hole. I fish in the 8" and everything I catch goes into the 4" hole. The ones that don't make it down the hole end up in hot grease. An easy way to sort, eh?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts