Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i know you got some great cleaning tables out there... show me some good pictures and gimme some good ideas. im gunna build one for the basement. usualy panfish(perch) and spring walleye are all i clean.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
There was a thread on this idea within the past 9 months or so. It had a couple of pictures and some ideas mentioned.

I have a couple of pictures of someone else's cleaning table but it looks like it was for cleaning vegetables right in the garden area. I will be building a large one this spring but it will be outside, behind the garage, with running water, and probably a roof over it.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
I clean mine in the kitchen sink,, I took the cutting board that these fish are on and drilled a bunch of 3/8" holes in it. So as I'm cleaning I can just spray down the board after a few fish and all the water and junk goes right down the holes. Not very "creative", just alot less messy.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ill see if I CAN GET SOME PICS A FRIEND OF MINE HAS 2FT BY 3FT PIECE OF BULLET PROOF GLASS ON LEGS. iT IS A SWEET SET UP.

MYKASS

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

Here's mine that a buddy made for me. It's about 3x4. I either prop it on saw horses in the garage or put it on the kitchen counter when cleaning.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,441 Posts
JJ - those dang eYes are getting SLIME all over that pretty board -- give 'em to me & I'll dispose of 'em at once!!!
LMAO!!!
:lol:

I work in a contract office furniture manufactory - I usually snap up HPL (like formica) worksurfaces and use them until I deem them "used up" and then I find another... truck tailgate holds them up & hoses off fine....

R
:D

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
jbird68 said:
What about one of these? Cabela's has them for $49.99 if you are a Cabela's Club member.
I like the way it closes up.

A bit on the small size which could make it hard for "sfw1960" to clean or fillet some of his Walleyes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would rather just have a short hose attached to wash it down after cleaning your catch. It would be nice to have it portable. Maybe attach it to an old gas grill cart or something. Then you can use it anywhere and roll it away when you are finished.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Maybe attach it to an old gas grill cart or something.
This is an interesting idea. Remove the grill parts and insert an old single basin kitchen sink. The lid to the grill might still fit to cover. Then, the sides could fold up for a flat working surface. I like it. Now starting to think something like this could work up at the cabin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts