Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was a place that fillets fish for ya??

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yep Yep Ming Ming's Place Port Huron :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
602 Posts
roberts riverfront 1751 E. Front St. Monroe Mi 48161 734-243-9919:fish: open 7 days a week

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
WHB you nailed it dude, thats the way I roll :lol: I'd comb the hood and see if theres any old timers that will trade cleaning for some of the catch. My bud Jon learned his little darlin how years ago so she handles the cleaning and does a mighty fine job at it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought it was a good question.. But I guess not...I hate cleaning fish... but I do it anyways .... some times I don't have time to do it......

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Hello there unkad I guess everyone does it so much that they dont mind it.. Heck I can clean a walleye with my electric knife so fast it would blow your mind I even astound myself at times..

I am not trying to be arrogent but what I am trying to say is the more you do it the better you can be at it and then you wont mind doing it yourself and if you want some walleye cleaned bring them to me and I will clean them for a percent of the catch :lol: .. Cya Slick

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Good question. I clean them myself but There are times where my time is short and the perch are many. I'm just to Cheap to pay :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,203 Posts
Try here.

Vergote Poultry & Fish Market
16523 Harper Avenue, Detroit, MI 48224
(313) 882-9030

Vergotes On Schoenherr
19719 Schoenherr Street, Detroit, MI 48205
(313) 839-3351

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
UnkaD said:
I hate cleaning fish... but I do it anyways .... some times I don't have time to do it......
I agree I hate cleaning them too but I just toss them in the dishwasher
and boom their all "sparkling clean".:)

Seriously I did not learn how to fillet until late in life and now
I actually enjoy it.
The last thing I want is someone else touching my fish
and like to insure it is done to my own standards.
Compared to amount of time I spend fishing and not catching,
cleaning is the smallest amt. of time spent on the whole deal.

Mike

·
Registered
355 Posts
I fillet my own walleyes there easy with the electric knife.Buy when it comes to gills and perch i'll pay the money to get them scaled and filleted.In the fall we bring in 50 to 70 pounds of perch on a trip and you get back about half that in fillets.And i actully counted how many fish i took in and then counted how many i got back and they were the same.Never a bone or a scale from roberts fish cleaning in monroe.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Ed Stringer said:
Yep Yep Ming Ming's Place Port Huron :lol: :lol:
:rant: Ming Ming no work here no mo! We no clean fish, only clean cats and rats.:yikes:
:fish: :fish2: :fish: :fish2: :fish: :fish2:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I like cleaning fish, it give me a reason to catch up on a couple beers that I missed out on while out fishing. Hmmmm maybe I should call that "get help" number!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts