Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a bigger shanty to use when I take my kids out fishing, I found a Clam suitcase style cabin shanty, must be older cause all the new ones are a 2000 or 5600........ this one just says "The Clam" on it. Looks to be in pretty good shape except for one tear in the fabric. Im getting it either way but was just curious if anyone uses one of these, likes or hates em?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't know much about that one CB, but I know I really like my 2000. :D
It's perfect for me and my gear. I'll be bringing it to Gull if I'm able to make it.
Chuck

·
Registered
205 Posts
if you get the clam 2000 get ice anchors or u will blow across the lake also one of my roof support poles snapped in mine and dont get it wet or u wont ever get it set up.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an old Clam suitcase style when its folded it is about 6-8 inches thick. Mine is called a Clam Junior and it is nice. I use my fish trap single man shanty because i like being able to just flip the tent over me and fish. There is plenty of room in the suitcase style but if it is windy, good luck getting it set up. The wind makes it nearly impossible to get set up...other than that, they really are a neat setup.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
:yeahthat:

With the big tub style suitcase they are a little harder to pull (if on foot) than the newer 2000 model. But they work and I actually like the heavier tub.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a Clam comand post pop up style like a pop up deer blind open floor its only 40lbs its 6'wide x12' long plenty of room for 4-5 guys they say its a six man shanty but with 4 of us in it i have had line tangled up when catching a fish. i will up load a pic of it in my photos if you want to check it out. I got it last year bought it from clams website for 299.00. Its nice but its a pain to keep movin it if your not on the fish. If its really windy forget about putting it up by yourself. It takes 6 ice anchors along the bottom and 6 for the pop outs I try to put the narrow end to the wind so i dont have to use all six for the pop outs

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have one. I got it for free so i couldn't beat the price. If it's REALLY windy you'll need another person to help set it up. It is a pain to pull in more than a couple inches of snow. Most shanties probably are though. Overall I like it!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have a clam 5600 supposed to be a four man. Its way too much for one guy unless you have a machine to pull it, I recommend building a sled for it. Perfect for 2 guys, heater, camera misc. stuff. Never fished more than 2 but I think it would start to get crowded. I want a one man flip style but they are always far from me or over priced on craigs list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts