Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the 3 or 4 rod trees made by Cisco?

getting ready to outfit a new boat so looking for opinions on them

the dealer is installing 60” tracks on this one

·
Registered
336 Posts
I run a Cisco tree 4 rod holder the top one is a little hard to get out if your a shorter person. I would also recommend going with a 7 foot track that’s what I put on my warrior extra track comes in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok

I was thinking 60” was too short

I believe I can get a 72”

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
So, just a newbie question but doesn't that tree put an awful lot of stress into the gunwale where the track is mounted? Seems like if you didn't use a serious backing plate then eventually it would create a weak spot and lots of movement. Even with walleye rigs that's a huge lever trying to work that Traxtech loose. Just wondering.

·
Registered
336 Posts
So, just a newbie question but doesn't that tree put an awful lot of stress into the gunwale where the track is mounted? Seems like if you didn't use a serious backing plate then eventually it would create a weak spot and lots of movement. Even with walleye rigs that's a huge lever trying to work that Traxtech loose. Just wondering.
I have always put a backing plate on any of my tracks just for the reasons you mentioned above and have never had any issues I highly recommend doing a backing plate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok

If you keep your boat in a garage or a building with a not so high door, I’d take the clearance into account. It would be a pain to have to remove it to put the boat away or worse yet, you forget and back it in and hit the door header. That would cause undue stress on the gunwale and something would have to give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ok

You should be able to get 72” no problem you can go as much as 8 foot but then it’s probably going to be a custom order at least that’s what Dave Login told me when I was putting mine on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I run homemade trees that double as single reel planer board masts. I have a backing plate underneath and there is no signs of fatigue on the gunwale and I’ve run this setup for several years.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Mostly running inline boards on trees. Not too much stress. Not like a mag dipsey.

·
Registered
294 Posts
As im finding out its not very easy finding track and rod holders in stock. Trying to outfit my new to me fishmaster

·
Registered
294 Posts
I landed up ordering 2 60” tracks and a couple cradle rod holders from muddy creek tackle. Looks like nice stuff

·
Registered
14 Posts
As a fabricator, Cisco makes the best products on the market by a long shot..the machining is top notch.
I agree, they make their products locally using Haas CNC machines. These are the same types of machines used to make parts for the aerospace industry. There are a couple other American companies offering products produced from a CNC machine shops that I’m aware of: Muddy Creek and MetalZ

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
As a fabricator, Cisco makes the best products on the market by a long shot..the machining is top notch.
No doubt. I just sold my 19 foot Skeeter that had all Cisco rod holders and was completely satisfied. I definitely want those on my new boat.

The Cisco tree's though are so heavy (I couldn't believe how heavy they are, and I only picked up the triples), I wasn't sure how top heavy they were in the tracks and if it caused any problems.

I like the cradle Cisco rod holders so much for my dipsey and musky rods I have to go all Cisco because I don't want to mix brands.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you keep your boat in a garage or a building with a not so high door, I’d take the clearance into account.
I do have a taller door and the quad trees still don't fit. I have to take them off every time. As far as the track goes I have a 60" cisco on my Solera. The solera has a narrow gunwale I couldn't put backing plates underneath. I used the provided washers and 5200, it isn't going anywhere. The fiberglass gunwale is a lot more stout than my aluminum boat was, definitely recommend the backing plates in that case. Last fall I had to call them to add the middle cutout. Now they offer it as an option. Agree that their customer service is excellent.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm going to try and find a couple quads. At least get them ordered

1 - 20 of 36 Posts