Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Church Walleye Boards with Ten Color

3K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Atrisch54 
#1 ·
Wow, I recently found out you can run a ten-color with braid backer on a Church Walleye Board if you move the weight all the way forward and do a few other things. First, you need to replace the plastic rear pin on the board with a stainless steel rear pin that you can order online. Second, you hang the board using the steel pin and give it a few spins to create some twists in the line. Lastly, you attach the board to the front clip and send it out. I did this in Grand Haven a few days ago and it worked great. Kudos to the Church Tech Team for giving me this tech tip.

#4 · (Edited)
Try Nija boards made by dream weaver and will not look back!!! game changer, No more sunk boards. Use um with anything 450 copper down to 3 color lead. Easy removal, push the button turn your wrist.. Another mistake people make while using boards while salmon fishing is keeping your rod high and tip bent. WRONG point your rod tip right at the board and reel when fish is not taking drag!!! do not raise your rod tip till the board is removed.

#15 ·
I have a pair of Ninja boards that I run 150 and 200 copper with. A little disappointed with how far back they pull the lines. I got them to move the board forward a bit on the troll. Any tips on getting them to move forward more? Weight adjustments? Seems like they should pull light coppers like this closer to midships. Oh, and I have the big ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.