Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use them?I was thinking of buying some of them but they are pretty salty like 8 to 9 bucks.And what size is the best?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Search the threads. About three weeks ago there was a good thread on the chubby darters.
I don't have any yet, but I am thinking about making the $8:00 plunge.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Chubby darters have a great action on them and they do catch fish. The only problem with them is that the drop rate on them is very slow and any current will take them out of the view of my cone angle. Since most of my fishing for walleye occurs in 25+ feet of water I don't use them very much anymore.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Last night i used them and went 2 for 3 using the glow orange dance in the second smallest size. i also like to fish them in calm water because they drift out of the cone angle with any current as far as cost, they work and their worth it. i don't know the names but the brownish suker looking darter, and the fire tiger are both great colors. and i do recomend a very light leader you will also catch a lot of pike.

·
Registered
11,979 Posts
Thanks for ther heads up on the internet sale!! :D Number 6's are huge, but how can you go wrong at that price?

I think I will get the two Luminescents, what would you recommend for the third? Might as well give me a 4th and 5th option in case they are out of any of them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Chubby darters have a great action on them and they do catch fish. The only problem with them is that the drop rate on them is very slow and any current will take them out of the view of my cone angle. Since most of my fishing for walleye occurs in 25+ feet of water I don't use them very much anymore.
Sounds like a really good bait for shallow, still water. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
11,979 Posts
Once again I want to say thank you very much for the heads up!! I've got nine of them on the way, $37.50 with shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts