Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey Clark- how do you keep your lights working? I swear we replace half of our strands every year. They make em so cheap now, we tested all our lights, threw out the 30% that didn't work, hung the rest and plugged em in again...two strands quit working between the time we tested em and hung em immediately after. Now I have half my roof line covered in lights that don't work and all the stores are sold out. We even splurged on the expensive LED ones last year and a year later two of them have already quit working.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use one of those wheels for extension cords to store them. Most of the time it's the wires that break inside the coating. They make them so cheap and thin now. Dont wrap them tight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any moisture in the plug will blow the little fuse also. Wrap all my connections.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hey Clark- how do you keep your lights working? I swear we replace half of our strands every year. They make em so cheap now, we tested all our lights, threw out the 30% that didn't work, hung the rest and plugged em in again...two strands quit working between the time we tested em and hung em immediately after. Now I have half my roof line covered in lights that don't work and all the stores are sold out. We even splurged on the expensive LED ones last year and a year later two of them have already quit working.

Same here. Bought some timers this year to run from dusk to midnight and a couple hour before light in the morning getting ready for work. Off during the day. Hoping to get another couple seasons. Its definitely wire going bad most of the time. I did a lot of bulb swapping with known good bulbs and none would work anywhere in the stran I was trying to salvage.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
They are made to only work one season...look where they were made.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the 5th season on ours. Just a little extra care when putting them away makes a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
12,124 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts