Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love chopped beef. Has anyone done it with venison?
Heck, how do you make it with beef?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I love chopped beef. Has anyone done it with venison?
Heck, how do you make it with beef?
Gind the burger again with 4 slices of bacon, make 4 big patties and deeply brown one side one flip over and cover with sliced onions cook on med high for a few minutes,then cover the whole thing with sliced mushrooms and cheese, cover and cook on med-high till the cheese is melted and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying and I will definitely use that burger recipe, but chopped beef is raw burger seasoned and served on crackers. Might be a regional thing. Every meat market here sells it and the mix is proprietary.
They call it tiger meat in South Dakota and cannibal sandwich in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My uncle used to make beef tartar for his catering business in the 70's. His was simple, an equal mix of sirloin, tenderloin chain and eye of round chopped fine with 2 cleavers on a large wooden cutting board. It was served with fine chopped onions, horseradish, homemade mayonnaise on the side along with his homemade crackers which were a lot like rye toast points.

He also made raw liver paste and a few other similar items for some wedding receptions that he and my aunt catered the food for. No way anyone could get away with that now.

Reactions: Scottygvsu

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My uncle used to make beef tartar for his catering business in the 70's. His was simple, an equal mix of sirloin, tenderloin chain and eye of round chopped fine with 2 cleavers on a large wooden cutting board. It was served with fine chopped onions, horseradish, homemade mayonnaise on the side along with his homemade crackers which were a lot like rye toast points.

He also made raw liver paste and a few other similar items for some wedding receptions that he and my aunt catered the food for. No way anyone could get away with that now.
There’s not a deer camp in this neck of the woods that doesn’t have chopped beef in bulk.
I’ll try the onions, horseradish, and Mayo mix with venison.
What’s the worst that can happen? If I don’t like it, I’ll make a cheeseburger out of it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I grew up w/ a lot of friends from the middle east and tried raw kibbe . The stuff is incredibly good. Their mix is ground sirloin, but i tried it w/ venison and my taste buds danced. Any middle east store stocks 7 spice powder, ask the butcher for proper ratio on the mix and don't forget the pita bread.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Gind the burger again with 4 slices of bacon, make 4 big patties and deeply brown one side one flip over and cover with sliced onions cook on med high for a few minutes,then cover the whole thing with sliced mushrooms and cheese, cover and cook on med-high till the cheese is melted and enjoy.
I actually overlooked that , I was thinking you were looking for ground venison recipes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts