Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't decide:

Bowtech Tomcat
or
Martin Cheetah

Are these bows comparable?

I've been told that Bowtech bows are made superior to Martins or is this just a Bowtech person being onesided?

I've been told by this same person "You get what you pay for". These seem to be about the same price. (Tomacat as a package $550.00- Cheetah- bow only ($300.00)

I know that what ever feels right, but what about quality?

Does Martin (Cheetah) rank up with Bowtech (Tomcat)?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Both companies make very nice bows. I have owned a Tomcat, and would highly recommend one. I do not care for the accessories that the Tomcat comes with though.

I have shot a Martin Bengal, and it is a very nice bow also, very good speed, very smooth, and reasonably quiet.

Spend a day at 3 or 4 bow shops shooting all the bows you can. You will figure out what YOU like best.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I have not shot either of those bows and I currently shoot a Bowtech Tribute. That being said, I echo the advice to spend several days shooting as many bows that you can get your hands on, in every price range that fits your budget.

I ended up buying the bow that fit me the best, felt the best to me, shot the best for me for the intended purpose (Hunting and 3D with one bow) etc. Both companies that you are looking at make great bows and have great reputations.

If you get the bow that you shoot the best, regardless of brand name and price, you can not go wrong.

Hope this helps

J-

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have a Martin and a Bowtech, I have been shooting winter leagues and last night was my last night. I have been shooting my bowtech all leagues, for the heck of it I took my Martin last night, to say the least I was shooting the same score with my Martin as I was my bowtech. We score based on a 160 and my average is a 145 and I was shooting my average with it.

My Martin is a Jaquar model and is 10 years old, My Botech is the Justice which is only 3 years old. I can tell the difference, but both are very quality bows and I shoot one just as good I can shoot the other.

All I can say is shoot them both and they both fit into your budget buy the one that feels the best.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Check into the Diamond lineup too . They are made by Bowtech ,and are a high quality bow for the price . Reflex is another mid price bow line by Hoyt .

·
Registered
161 Posts
bowtech far superior to martin!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Thats gotta be the funniest thing I've heard this year. more of the opposite I believe.. Martin doesnt skip on anything w/ any of there bows. You can customize any martin to what you want. most any cam they make.. poundages. Shoot through systems. and excellent, excellent customer service and quality.. You friend was way wrong. They're prices are lower than others caus they cater to all kinds of people. They have just like any one. Medium end to high end... They are one of the manufacturers thats been on the top of the food chain for quality and performance. You dont see people posting issue all over the sites that they are having issue's w/ there Martin's! Just thought I'd en-lighten you on the subject... Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
:) I do have to second the customer service of Martin. Had my Martin for about 6 years and the string broke which twisted my riser. Called Martin up they told me to send the bow there and they would take care of the problem. Had my bow two weeks later with a brand new riser and no cost to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts