Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Codi is a 3 year old pointing chocolate lab out of Hunters Point Kennel in Salem, Indiana. She is house broke and fixed. She also has skin allergies. As a hunting dog, her nose is unbelievable. She sits, stays, comes, loves to swim and retrieves. She needs a hunting partner that can give her the exercise and attention that I can’t give her any more. If you are a hunter or know a hunter who would like to adopt a good hunting dog, please reply and I will forward you contact information. I am located in northern Oakland County,
I-75 – M-15 area.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Pics are always a big help!

The more info you can offer the better the chance of finding a good home!

Sounds like an awful choice to have to make, it would be hard to give up my hunting companion, but I know it would be tough on him if he couldn't get out after birds...

Good luck Crappie.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Crappie,

Can I ask a few questions? I might know some one interested.

• How much does the dog weigh?
  • Can you give us at least the Sire and Dam?
  • Is the dog Collar Conditioned?
  • How many birds ~ have been shot over the girl?
  • Is she fixed?
  • If you can give us the Sire and Dam, I can post health histories for the dog.
  • How are you treating the skin issues?
Thanks, I dont envy you, but I do applaud you for making the right decision for your dog.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Codi weighs around a 100 pounds. Sire is Barracuda's Swiss Chocolate. Dam HPK's Mambo Number Five. She was born 8-9-03. We have papers but did not send them in. We have been to four hunting perserves and shot at least 40 birds. She is fixed, no litters. In 04 we took her to Michigan State for allergy tests. They could not pin point the allergies. We are at our second vet and have tried at least 10 different foods. Our new vet believes it may be our house or yard. I will try to post a picture tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts