Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if their is a relay or something that goes bad on Chevy's?....I was driving yesterday morning and my lights starting going on and off as was wondering if their is a relay or something that might be going bad.....I had a Ford years back that did this but it had the old style floor bright lite switch....Any help would be great....its a 92 1500......Thanks....Mack

·
Registered
340 Posts
I replaced the light switch on my 94 k1500 because of this problem, it ended up being the hi/lo switch on the column.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just replaced the switch and I guess I will find out if that was it...You could hear it frying when I turned the lights on.....So I hope that it was that...Mack

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Anybody know if their is a relay or something that goes bad on Chevy's?....I was driving yesterday morning and my lights starting going on and off as was wondering if their is a relay or something that might be going bad.....I had a Ford years back that did this but it had the old style floor bright lite switch....Any help would be great....its a 92 1500......Thanks....Mack
my Ford did the same,,,,My Chevy the plug ( head light plug) on the driver side was corroded it must have also had some thing to do with the passenger side also replaced the light socket it fixed the problem

·
Registered
518 Posts
don't have that problem yet, but the light's in my dashboard are going out 1 at a time 04 ,1500 pick up.:sad: maybe a chevy thing.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
don't have that problem yet, but the light's in my dashboard are going out 1 at a time 04 ,1500 pick up.:sad: maybe a chevy thing.
Thats how mine started. I'd have to bang the dash by the switch , or finesse the brightness dial to get them back on. Then it switched to the lights also, then a nice puff of smoke then a new switch, all fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts