Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While fishing the river Saturday, saw a mother red fox and a litter of kits playing on the bank right by chene park. I spend alot of time outdoors and have seen red fox numerous times. This however was the first time I have seen a litter. Go figure, in downtown Detroit.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Enjoyable watching stuff like that while fishing and as you noted while fishing in a large city.

Fox and kits downtown and coyote in Warren. The wildlife is slowly working its way back in. The only problem is the people who think that they can and should feed these animals. Then, the animals loose their fear of humans and trouble starts. They should respect the animal and leave it alone to begin with.

I had the digital point and shoot camera with me when I saw this in Warren.

·
Registered
337 Posts
yea, I saw the fox and babys on sunday also. we were right next to the wall maybe 15 feet off the wall watching them. Everyone else was out in the middle of the river. Then I hook a fish, then my buddy hooked a fish and everyone moved in on us. one guy next to us caught a 6 pounder! We caught 30 fish on saturday but only 11 on sunday. But all in all it was a great weekend on the river. My buddy got a pic of the foxes on his camera maybe he can e-mail me it so that I can post it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The area around St Jean also has a healthy population of pheasants too. This time of year it's not uncommon to see the roosters strutting their stuff in search of some action. In fact, if my momory serves, one year the DNR trapped a bunch for breading and releasing elsewhere in the state. When I used to live and work in Detroit, I also saw many many pheasants in the vacant lots down around DIA..... really just any vacant lot in Detroit is likely to hold pheasants. Crazy!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
alex-v said:
Enjoyable watching stuff like that while fishing and as you noted while fishing in a large city.

Fox and kits downtown and coyote in Warren. The wildlife is slowly working its way back in. The only problem is the people who think that they can and should feed these animals. Then, the animals loose their fear of humans and trouble starts. They should respect the animal and leave it alone to begin with.

I had the digital point and shoot camera with me when I saw this in Warren.
Alex, have you seen the article in todays Det. News? page 6 section A. It mentions you and has a pic you took. Al

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Ya, it was quite the coincidence to mention the picture in this thread and then see the article in the morning paper while having a cup of coffee. I had thought that the article would run about another week down the road.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Way to go Alex! Hey your like a celebrity now.:) You ever thought about doing some kind of professional photography or do you already? You take alot of great photos.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
fish eater said:
You ever thought about doing some kind of professional photography or do you already? You take alot of great photos.
Yes, no, and thank you for the compliment.

The next set of pictures of my fish will not have any dolls in them.;)

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
alex-v said:
The next set of pictures of my fish will not have any dolls in them.;)

:lol: Yeah I hear ya. I don't know what has gotten into our friend Kevin these days. I think he's experiencing sleep deprivation from to much time out fishing.:lol:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
The guy who helps out at work has seen several fox while driving or walking on Belle Isle. I think that we could see them while we are fishing near the Belle Isle shoreline.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts