Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some of my posts on the subject, I've recieved a ton of PMs from guys here asking questions about Sports Wash and UV Killer and how they can tell if their camo is glowing as well as where they can find these products.

Just a heads up.

I'll be working the ATSKO booth at the Woods and Waters Week-End, September 5th, 6th and 7th explaining how game animals see as well as having a small tent set-up for you guys to check to see if you camo is UV hot.

The UV Killer is kinda hard to come by so I'll have a bunch on hand, as well as the Sports Wash and N-O-DOR scent elimination spray.

Oh, I'll also have a bunch of small UV lights too. These come in very handy when buying new hunting cloths, pop-up blinds or dekes.

Let me know your an M-S member and I'll cut you a killer deal.

You can either click on their banner add here on the site for more info on UV brighteners and how it affects game animals or go to ATSKO.com for the complete scoop.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hey Tom...... Ill be there ill make sure to stop at your booth too.

God i cant wait for that weekend........ Soon....

Carl

·
Banned
3,005 Posts
After Receiving my bottle of ATSKO Sports Wash and UV Killer from Mr. Thunderhead, I can say that it really works! Not only have I been almost invisible to the deer, I had turkeys walk right pass me and not even notice I was there! Thank you Thunderhead and thank you ATSKO for making such a great product!;)

·
Registered
971 Posts
I checked my clothes the other day with a blacklight and was really surprised at the color change,:mad: I will be getting that taken care of...See you at the show..:D

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
I think there is something to this UV business.

About ten years ago, I had a pair of hunting pants that glowed like crazy under a black light. There were occasions where I got picked off by deer while I was up in my tree that left me incredulous, as I was motionless and had the wind in my favor. I noticed that it always seemed to happen when I wore those pants. So I took 'em out of the rotation. About a year later, when the rest of my clothing was either dirty or wet, I went out and hunted with the suspect pants again, and promptly got spotted by a doe from about 80 yards away.

Ever since, I test my clothing for UV "glow", and use UV Killer. FWIW, not all garments out there have that "glow" problem, but some do. I bought a backpack last season that was a big offender.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
How do you check clothing for the glow? Dark room? Can I rig my own black light?

Woods-n-waters outdoor weekend will be at the fair grounds in imlay city.

·
Registered
971 Posts
How do you check clothing for the glow? Dark room? Can I rig my own black light?

Woods-n-waters outdoor weekend will be at the fair grounds in imlay city.
Get a blacklight bulb, put it in a lamp, be in a dark room and put your camo near the light you'll be able to tell right away, a dark closet works great..you can buy the bulbs at any dept. store ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts