Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
27,179 Posts
Old photo. I think it was a canned hunt (not that ther's anything wrong with it)
there wasn't too much said. It was shot around the time the Louvansteen buck was and everyone thought that this was it. Someone said it looked like a "Don King" buck.

· Registered
27,179 Posts
jbowski, you want it? I just put it on there for the last loss and I want to get my usual one on there. Shoot me an email and I'll send it to you. Then you just go to the user control panel and put it in under your avatar. It's all resized and everything.

· Registered
1,948 Posts
ere's the story:Subject: NEW RECORD

Shot by a 15 year old kid with a muzzleloader Monday September
29 and not recovered until the next day. DNR WERE involved. They were informed of the deer's existence and the harvesting of it. They were taken to the harvest site. All appears to be kosher. Filming of the shot did not happen due to forgetting to load tape into the camera. There are numerous trail cam pics this year and last I am told. Randy McPherren and Dale Ream did the green score at 322 4/8. It would seem that the buck was only 3 ½ years old when the first pics were taken and the Lindberg sheds were found. The deer was harvested right in the area he had always been. The"Grandfathers"
farm just outside town. He may have only grown one antler last year. I have held a shed antler found right there that seems to be from him. This deer will be the highest scoring hunter taken deer yet known. AWESOME and great provenance. This deer was just taken by the boy on the right. The boy has muscular dystrophy and is in a wheelchair, yet he managed to shoot the buck all by himself. This buck has one base coming out of the head that is 16 inches around. About 2 inches up it splits into 2 beams and the deer's C-1 measurements are just shy of 10. The deer carried the mass all the way to the end and had just over 68 inches of mass. I believe the brow tines on this buck are roughly 14 and 11 inches and there is a 12 inch forked point coming forward from between the brows. We found the sheds from this particular buck in our preserve from last year and when he shed he also shed the entire bone between both antlers as well. There is about a 1" piece of extra bone from his skull on the inside of both sheds, which explains this years unique rack.

--------------------------------------------------------

Rack from Albia hunter's deer appears bound for record book
An Albia teenager has won the lottery of hunting.

· Registered
27,179 Posts
The biggest reason that I believe the Don King buck was a canned hunt is because I never found any B & C info on it.

· Registered
1,102 Posts
Freepop is right, that buck was shot around the time the albia buck was shot, and everyone thought it was the same deer. Its not. Other then that i dont know much about the deer, but i do remember members of this board commenting how the guy looks like ray romano.

· Premium Member
17,594 Posts
FREEPOP said:
Have to be a member even to buy their book. can you say $$$$$$$$$$$$
Oh yeah!! I almost joined when I worked for the past president of SCI......all the members I knew were loaded and the few that weren't didn't participate in the banquets etc. I enjoyed there publication though, read a lot of adventures I can only dream about.

· Registered
349 Posts
I saw this pic a few years ago and the story I read said it was shot during the youth hunt in Iowa. This buck was being pursued by a few local hunters and they were all ticked off becuase they said the boy's uncle took him out during the youth hunt and everyone was mad saying the uncle shot it.....who knows for sure.....The story seemed to lead me to believe it was a fair chase wild hunt but haven't heard much about this lately. Regardless of where and how this deer was raised, that is one AMAZING rack!!!!

· Premium Member
17,594 Posts
bowhunter1313 said:
I saw this pic a few years ago and the story I read said it was shot during the youth hunt in Iowa. This buck was being pursued by a few local hunters and they were all ticked off becuase they said the boy's uncle took him out during the youth hunt and everyone was mad saying the uncle shot it.....who knows for sure.....The story seemed to lead me to believe it was a fair chase wild hunt but haven't heard much about this lately. Regardless of where and how this deer was raised, that is one AMAZING rack!!!!
no,no,no! Again, the Lovestuen (sp) buck, it was shot during the youth season....family effort sort of speak, but the boy shot the buck. That big buck in velvet is not the Lovestuen buck and is not the buck that correlates with that story.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.