Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out sat morn and got 4 good ones 2 kings and 2 steel.our avg was horrible could not keep them hooked up. avg was worse than a baseball players. dipsey spiney with fly went 3 times and only got 1 steel to the boat. half core riggers accounted for the others.

sun morn was much better 12 for 16 threw back a king and a steel that needed to grow. The 2 man limit consisted of 2 kings ,6 steel and 2 lakers. quit at 4 pm but did not start until 8.30 am because of t-storm which sure caused it to start very slow. then picked away at em all day. Made so many changes I lost track. walmart,chery surprise,blue line, bloody nose and panty ho silver streaks all took fish. riggers were best with sliders a close second. half cores and snap weight also took fish. The dipsey fly was dead that day.

·
Registered
111 Posts
spinners and flies were the ticket for us. we took the pontoon out thur evening and went around Bois/Mac and Round until Sunday night. Ended up something like 12-25+. alot of orange spoons got hits but nothign would stay on. More beer drinking then fishing but fun to have a half dozen rods in the water just in case.

spent the night on Round when the storm rolled in...WOW.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
spinners and flies were the ticket for us. we took the pontoon out thur evening and went around Bois/Mac and Round until Sunday night. Ended up something like 12-25+. alot of orange spoons got hits but nothign would stay on. More beer drinking then fishing but fun to have a half dozen rods in the water just in case.

spent the night on Round when the storm rolled in...WOW.
nice to hear this fellas keep up the good work...

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Nice, i was up to Cheboygan at my GF parents cottage two weeks ago and couldnt believe i didnt see a boat out fishing. Nice to hear a report from there. Makes me wanna take the boat next time i head up there.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adam,
The fishing has been where you cant see from the harbor. Maybee huron will bounce back some?

·
Registered
111 Posts
We debated that for hours on the toon while trolling, a general conclusion was alot of the fish must be from the St Marys river system that far north. No idea if we are in the ball park of a correct answer but sounded right. Catch rates were similar as any W Mich port fished this spring/summer. No complaints coming from this vessel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts