Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Cabelas.com you can pick up a dozen mallard "hot buy" decoys by green head gear for under $20. With a dozen weights the total price with shipping is under $40. I already have a dozen of these in my spread and they bring the ducks in.:D You might want to check them out. Flambeaus are also under $20 but I think the ghg are better.

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
out of all the greenhead decoys thats all i would buy. there is no point in spending all that cash and then having to replace them for next season. The paint of there decoys are horrible, it comes off to easy

·
Registered
774 Posts
mine made it through the year pretty well... i'd buy them again. the girlfriend bought me half a dozen off-brand decoys she found on sale for christmas; the GH's are alot more sturdy, and the keels are fairly decent.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Steelslinger said:
They look great for the price, but the keels suck and there is no good place to secure your weights.
not sure what style of weights you use, but i wrap the strap weights around the keel. squeeze hard enough and they seem to stay alright for me.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the decoys all season and didn't lose any paint. I have the ace decoy anchors and they work great and never come undone.

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
The hotbuys hold paint good. I have had a dozen i use for potholes and they get beat for 2 years. I was sayin all the other greenheads paint dont hold that great. we had about 4dz. mallards last year and they looked like crap at the end of the season and they only went from the boat to the water and back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts