Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a map of the bay for a fishing tournament on the bay. Can anyone give me some details on a good source for one besides hot spot maps. Would like to have lat and lon on it as well. thanks alot

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
legard29 said:
Looking to buy a map of the bay for a fishing tournament on the bay. Can anyone give me some details on a good source for one besides hot spot maps. Would like to have lat and lon on it as well. thanks alot
Navionics chart map chip of Huron,you can buy then at any sporting goods stores....

·
Registered
114 Posts
I really like my blue chart I have on my handheld and the unit I have on my boat. The blue chart is like navionics but is for Garmin units. Both units are color and are accurate enough to navigate by. If you buy a Garmin gps and by the bluechart cd you can download the chart to two different units. I bought the handheld and bluechart several years ago for ice fishing on the bay and has worked great. Then last year I bought a bigger unit to stay on the boat and Brian at Frank's downloaded the cd onto a chip to put in that unit. You can buy extra regions at any time. The regions cover a pretty good area but only really include major waterways. For instace the one region I have covers Saginaw bay, Det river, St clair, Simcoe etc. The other region covers Higgins,Little bay, Lake Mich etc. I really like the Garmin gps because thats all I ever used, but still like the Lowrance fish finders its all preferance. Either Navionics or Blue Chart is the way to go. You can move your cursor and make waypoints on a hump and go right to it. You just have to remember that these features on the bay are usually pretty small and you might have to zoom into 50ft or closer to mark these and find them easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts