Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 21 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Charlevoix on Sat afternoon towards the cement plant. Trolled for about 4 hrs and had peanuts, spoons, spin glows, flies on. Used both downriggers and bottom weights. Went 0/1. We fished initially in 90-120' and the went up to 50'. Didn't matter. DNR officer said that she had seen few fish caught. Reports had been phenomenal numbers of fish, but not for my boat yesterday!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I feel pretty stupid for having to ask this question but what are peanuts? What do they look like. I am very new to the big lake fishing and don't quite know all of the lures yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another name for it is a fire plug. It was made by Luhr Jensen. It kind of looks like a flat fish with a rounded nose. I use them a whole bunch by Elk Rapids and really do well there with them.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Myself and a buddy fished Charlevoix all day Saturday and Sunday morning. We got our limit of lakers both days, along with a few Cisco. We had a great weekend with lots of fish caught and lost. No salmon yet, we tried all over in hopes of catching a few. It was a great weekend. image.jpg image.jpg

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
No, it's real name is a wobble glo. Made by wordens .
A wobble Glow is completely different, not saying some people don't call things by a different name but I am on the lake 50+ times a year and fish with guys that make all the dreamweaver products, a peanut is a SPIN And GLO, made by the same company as wobble glo's.

·
Registered
300 Posts
A wobble Glow is completely different, not saying some people don't call things by a different name but I am on the lake 50+ times a year and fish with guys that make all the dreamweaver products, a peanut is a SPIN And GLO, made by the same company as wobble glo's.
I don't wanna be "that guy", but I hate to tell you, your wrong. I first mate on a VERY well known charter boat out of ludington, docked right next to Shane Ruboyianes.. George, the captain of the boat I work on, has been on the lake almost every day for the last 32 years, I just asked him and he says 100% a wobble glow is in fact a peanut.... A spin and glow is a spin and glow......

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
On a different note- was 6/8 thursday evening. Didnt have lines set till 8ish, got off work late. I dont remember what spoons were on what but heres what caught fish.. Dipsey 70 back on 2, no ring with orangle and yellow "cicle" type spoon. 10 color with I think bloody nose moonshine. Then a rigger down 40 with one color and a barbie warrior spoon I think I was. Had a triple on at one time, was fun for me and the gf. Threw 3 back and kept 3. 2 were oversize and one foul hooked. Didnt run any peanuts. Pulled lines at 930, bite seemed to stop at 9.

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
I don't wanna be "that guy", but I hate to tell you, your wrong. I first mate on a VERY well known charter boat out of ludington, docked right next to Shane Ruboyianes.. George, the captain of the boat I work on, has been on the lake almost every day for the last 32 years, I just asked him and he says 100% a wobble glow is in fact a peanut.... A spin and glow is a spin and glow......
Well as I said Auston some people may have different names for them, and no disrepect, just sharing what I know, I am out there alot I mated last summer for a guy in Manistee as well, I won the M-S sportsman tourny took 5th in the South Haven 333 stop, I mated on multile boats out of South Haven for many years in a row. If you ask any of them, they will say a peanut is a spin and glo, Im going by what the guys from Strong Performance,Too Strong, Living the dream, Blue Fairways say, Guys that fish every day on the big water. So you can be that guy all you want Im as i said before going by what I was tought by some of the best guys out there. So you can call them wrong if you want,

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well as I said Auston some people may have different names for them, and no disrepect, just sharing what I know, I am out there alot I mated last summer for a guy in Manistee as well, I won the M-S sportsman tourny took 5th in the South Haven 333 stop, I mated on multile boats out of South Haven for many years in a row. If you ask any of them, they will say a peanut is a spin and glo, Im going by what the guys from Strong Performance,Too Strong, Living the dream, Blue Fairways say, Guys that fish every day on the big water. So you can be that guy all you want Im as i said before going by what I was tought by some of the best guys out there. So you can call them wrong if you want,

Those guys all call spin and glows, spin and glows.... I fish with Greg and Matt regularly..... Never fished with tony so don't know about him..... And Greg dosnt fish every day on the big water, in fact 3 days ago was his first trip out, he fished right next to us..... Plus we went out for lunch with him afterwards.....

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am a 60 year old that has fished salmon since the 60's. I also spent years as a deck hand on numerous charter boats. A "peanut" is a wobble glow and a spin and glow is a spin and glow. I have dozens of each. The marine store where I kept my boat for years sold both. Made by Wordens they're were sold pre packaged and rigged or bulk. They maybe calling spin and glow's peanuts but they're are wrong.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am a 60 year old that has fished salmon since the 60's. I also spent years as a deck hand on numerous charter boats. A "peanut" is a wobble glow and a spin and glow is a spin and glow. I have dozens of each. The marine store where I kept my boat for years sold both. Made by Wordens they're were sold pre packaged and rigged or bulk. They maybe calling spin and glow's peanuts but they're are wrong.
Thank you for clearing that up sir.....

1 - 21 of 30 Posts