Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two fourty acre parcels I am thinking of leasing out this year. They are located 3 miles outside of Charlevoix in Marion township. The land is loaded with deer some turkeys lots of coyote's and a few grouse and rabbits. I can also preseason bait and construct the blinds if someone is looking for a higher level of leasing. I wonder if I should offer split hunting seasons? Meaning Bow season only, rifle only, muzzle ect? and split it up for the type of game as well? The neighboring land is a mix of forest and farm land - corn, hay (alfalfa & clover) and the hunting presure is light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I almost forgot to describe the two pieces of land! The are entirely forested and are a mix of hardwoods and cedar swamp with a stream seperating the two fourtys.

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Hi greenleaffarms, Welcome to the site! This is a great place with many hunters lurking in these forums.
Just a friendly little reminder:
Please remember us when making a listing here and especially when a sale is made. We don't charge for listings but many things are sold here. A donation would cost a fraction of what it would cost to print a nice ad in a paper publication and you can insert a nice color photograph here.

I personally sold a truck earlier this year via this forum which did not sell after I placed a $70 ad in a local paper. I'm sure many others have experienced the same. Many other websites have or are going to a paid only classified section.

To make a donation, go to this link:

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/busin...isting+donation

:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think it should be left a no pay/ donation site or you might as well just get rid of the classified.section. If people dont want to donate then the adm. can stop them from posting if they continue to be cheap. Just the idea of someone saying you HAVE to pay turns me off from the site. In retrospect, if i sell something from an ad on this site i would be more than happy to "donate" some of the proceeds. I hope you can understand where i am coming from. Peer pressure will handle the cheap people.

·
Registered
36,028 Posts
The only thing free in life is advice. Remember you get what you pay for.

Support this mini e-bay site with donations from your sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I end up leasing this property, I will be happy to give a donation to the site. But hey, aren't we getting of the subject of my original post? I guess thats why its called a forum! Looking forward to your replies. Dana

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I'm interested in leasing but you didn't mention how much you wanted. Please let me know I will be up within the next couple weeks and may be able to meet you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bigbear, I am not sure how much for the leases. That is a big part of my posting as well as length, type hunts ect. perhaps we could get some feed back on this from you guy's. The deer hunting is as I said excellent.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I might be interested but I am a novice to this as well. I am waiting for you to come up with an estimated price and see where that would take us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The cost of the lease for the entire 80 acres is 1200. or 750 for 40 acres. No subleasing allowed. This is a bargain for what prime deer hunting land is selling for in Charlevoix. Thank you all for your feedback Dana

·
Registered
616 Posts
I will try to get in touch with my buddies to see what we come up with. Since none of us ever leased a hunting land, we will need to do some homework. I'll let you know...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Would you mind sending me a pm about where you're at? I just moved to East Jordan area and am looking for a local lease for myself, my dad and my brother. I could swing by at your convenience. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
greenleaffarms
Please PM me with any more info you have on the
property such as water/electric availability, camper
parking area, etc.
Many Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts