Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, how long have they been charging for being pulled off an ice flow? What's the current rate? Need to answer a few questions to some other folks.
Sir Don

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have they been charging/fining for being picked up off the ice, like the folks last week? I've heard its around $150, is that correct?

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
I concur with Walleye Mike, I know of no charge or fee by any governmental unity.

·
Registered
715 Posts
go to the port huron times herald mon jan 19th local news and check out the story here is a clip from the article
Gary Nader, 46, fell through the ice with his two sons in February. He was helped by the Ira Township Fire Department and was charged the department's standard $570 rescue fee.
just locate there website

·
Premium Member
29,844 Posts
The local law enforcement agencies are doing that I guess. I heard that Bangor Twnshp. between Bay City and Saginaw Bay will charge you if they come out, but the Fedral authorities(coast guard) cannot as of yet, due to as stated above, we pay for it with our taxes. And actually the Coast Guard is under the Dept. of Transportation and part of State government except in time of war when they fall under the Dept. of Navy.

·
Administrator
26,967 Posts
Awfulpotent, do they also charge for fire calls and and rescue's for car accidents? I would think that its discrimnation to just ice fisherman. Charging only one peticular segment of the population and not the others. Just like charging blacks but not whites or females and not males.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts