Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for anyone's experience or ability to point me in the right direction on how to swap the motors with another 2 stoke from a weed whip edger or other small engine . I have a couple spare motors and the lower crank case is cracked on the the Eskimo. Would it just be easier to change the Eskimo parts? Or convert new motor to fit Eskimo gear box?

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the same problem I have and was looking for insight on how to use another motor or replace the lower end

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
ARDISAM, witch makes eskimo, sells their sales demos or factory reconditions on ebay, I've seen them go cheap, heres one at 85 bucks w three days left, have some buy nows for 150 if that helps

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/351292457073?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]S33 Eskimo Sting Ray Stingray 33cc Powerhead Only Used Models | eBay[/ame]

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
this may help,20 bucks, should be able to find the mtr mfg through a google search, may very well be a Tecumseh
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husky-HP-Ice-auger-Engine-block-piston-crank-cylinder-flywheel-Power-head-/121557197905?pt=US_Outdoor_Power_Equipment&hash=item1c4d5fa451"]Husky HP Ice Auger Engine Block Piston Crank Cylinder Flywheel Power Head | eBay[/ame]

·
Registered
2,189 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i was able to put it back together and the carburetor is cracked too. i could get it to sputter but this motor is done. it is a tecumseh tc300 so i would imagine this is discontinued because all i can find is parts. does anyone know what other models used a this motor? i don't wanna spend 150 on the refurbished less powerful motor when thats worth more than the entire drill will be when its complete.
thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
JungleGeorge

If you will pm me with the model number and spec number off of the engine, I will see if I have a short block for your engine. I need the numbers to look up the part number of the short block. I have two short blocks in stock, and one of them may be the one you need.
Price will be reasonable. I purchased the short block a few years ago to have in case my auger took a dump. NO longer have the auger.

Harry

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
so i was able to put it back together and the carburetor is cracked too. i could get it to sputter but this motor is done. it is a tecumseh tc300 so i would imagine this is discontinued because all i can find is parts. does anyone know what other models used a this motor? i don't wanna spend 150 on the refurbished less powerful motor when thats worth more than the entire drill will be when its complete.
thanks
post #12 is a tc300 don't look at the pic thats the gearcase, hit the link, under 14bucks + 6 toship

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts