Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a ballpark price of what a set(2) of chains cost for a my polaris sportsman 400? Since it is a 4x4 I would buy two set.

Thanks
Bob

·
Super Moderator
37,742 Posts
About 50 bucks at TSC.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
King fisher I think you would do ok just putting them on the back. 1/2 the price and I'm not sure you would get that much more putting them on the front. I'm sure someone has tried it from this site and will help more.

·
Super Moderator
37,742 Posts
Yikes I didnt notice..er ya, um about 50 bucks a set.

·
Premium Member
12,856 Posts
I have used chains on the front and back in slush / frozen stuff awesome! I had one set of lawn tractor ( tsc type chains) and one set from my atv dealer. The set from the atv dealer were about 15 bucks more and 100 percent better. We have found that if you take the wheels off and deflate the tires before installing the chains you get a good tight fit and they stay on with no slap.

·
Registered
11,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I am going to see how this old sled works/ pulls. I may still end up putting chains on the quad.

I like the idea of deflating the tires before putting the chains on. I like to know they are on snug.

Bob

·
Registered
168 Posts
Go on Ebay, there's a guy from Badaxe selling them for $21.20 that includes shipping and Mich. sales tax.

·
Registered
556 Posts
riverrat1,
Can't find the guy from bad axe on e-bay.Could you help me out with a link?

THANKS, bulletslinger:)

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought some last year from Cabela's for $50. They were the good kind with "v" bars welded on them. Far better than the kind without.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
we just bought some for a lawn tractor with a plow. $77.. they had 2 different types. one was 4 inch and one 2 inch. the 2 inch is only spaced 2 in apart. more chain, more money. more chain makes for less tire hump!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts