Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a store or shop in MI that caters to the float/centerpin fisherman? I'm not finding many local options:mad: ! Anyone? I may have to open my own shop if I can't find one:lol: !

·
Registered
374 Posts
axisgear said:
I may have to open my own shop if I can't find one:lol: !

i thought about that myself but with the way the economy is probably wouldent last long unless you had alot of money to start....but i hear ya im getting tired of ordering everything one needs for steelheading...im to impatiant for shipments and i like to see what im buying..

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya about the local economy! It's hitting me right where it hurts lately(my wallet:lol: )! I do like a test drive before I buy and if there were enough demand it would justify the result. If I were to open a shop,it wouldn't be just for float fishermen/women....It WOULD cater to them,though. I also fly fish in the summer and there isn't a decent shop in my area(GR);) :D !

·
Banned
89 Posts
axisgear,

there is a shop in ohio that is. erie outfitters in sheffield lake i think its called. otherwise you're limited to pappy's or backcast fly shop up in NW michigan. the new bass pro shops in portage, IN has some limited float gear(okumas, gloomis, st. croix, and browning float rods). also in IL wacker bait and tackle carries all the raven equipment. i think its located in oak park(outskirts of chicago)

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Gander Mtn in Grandville will have most of the "terminal needs", such as floats, line, leader, swivels, etc. They also have some of the Raven and St Croix rods, but a limited supply.

Rylee's ACE Hardware in Grand Rapids has some rods/reels as well as terminal gear.

Great Lakes Flyfishing Co in Rockford is carrying a few floats as well but no tackle at this point. I have been hoping that Glen will start to carry more floatfishing related gear. His shop should have just about everything you need for flyfishing and if not, they will order it for you.

Craig at Erie Outfitters in Sheffield Lake OH is a great resource if you don't mind mail order.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Gander Mtn in Grandville will have most of the "terminal needs", such as floats, line, leader, swivels, etc. They also have some of the Raven and St Croix rods, but a limited supply.

Rylee's ACE Hardware in Grand Rapids has some rods/reels as well as terminal gear.

Great Lakes Flyfishing Co in Rockford is carrying a few floats as well but no tackle at this point. I have been hoping that Glen will start to carry more floatfishing related gear. His shop should have just about everything you need for flyfishing and if not, they will order it for you.

Craig at Erie Outfitters in Sheffield Lake OH is a great resource if you don't mind mail order.

yep craig is a outstanding guy to talk to as well as to fish with he knows his stuff and will give you the real world answers

G

·
:fish:There have been so many posts about where there is a bait shop that caters to centerpin and float fishing Well theres one in Flat Rock called the Little Dipper that carries a good selection of the following float fishing gear:
Reels: Raven, Islander, Sheffield
Rods: Raven, St Croix, Okuma
Floats:Raven, Blackbird, Drennan, Thill, Sheffeild, Clear River
Accessories: Micro Swivels, Micro Shot, Float Caps, Tubing, Hooks

·
Registered
321 Posts
is that the shop behind the gas station ?

·
Registered
321 Posts
took a drive yesterday and found the "LILL DIPPER"..
ended up spending a few bucks there very nice shop keeper minding the shop for his daughter and son in law..was advised that they could order what you need if they didnt have it..prices are very good lees than the bis box stores..I will be back for ssure..thanks for the heads up on the place:woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1:

·
Registered
65 Posts
:fish:There have been so many posts about where there is a bait shop that caters to centerpin and float fishing Well theres one in Flat Rock called the Little Dipper that carries a good selection of the following float fishing gear:
Reels: Raven, Islander, Sheffield
Rods: Raven, St Croix, Okuma
Floats:Raven, Blackbird, Drennan, Thill, Sheffeild, Clear River
Accessories: Micro Swivels, Micro Shot, Float Caps, Tubing, Hooks
Wow! Thanks for the info. I live in Tecumseh, MI and Flat Rock is my winter hangout to feed my chrome addiction. Next time I'm there, I'll have to check it out. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Is there a store or shop in MI that caters to the float/centerpin fisherman? I'm not finding many local options:mad: ! Anyone? I may have to open my own shop if I can't find one:lol: !

Wanna open a shop and make a million dollars???

Start with 2 million!!! :lol::dizzy::lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts