Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife, in-laws, and I rented a couple of cabins in cedarville area from July 14th-21st. We will have a boat. I was wondering if someone could steer me in the direction of some fish. Smallmouth/Pike herring maybe? :help: I'm not looking for GPS locations or anything just general areas, techniques, and what to target.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I live on mackinac in the summer.. we fished cedarville last week for a couple hours got some nice perch.. guys said they are gettin nice perch, herring and northerns..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah I should say I will be stuck on the big water. I think we are staying on government bay.

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks hogeye. Do you know where they target the smallmouth this time of year. Are they shallow or real deep more like Erie?

·
Registered
20 Posts
PIKE for sure and where your staying is very close to good smallmouth waters,word ob the street is they have been tearing up the herring as well
:fish:

·
Registered
229 Posts
You can catch pike almost anywhere. Lots of hammerhandles. yet LOTs of big gators too if you work hard enough and have a little bit of pike knowledge. Smallmouth have been in realatively shallow rocky areas, rock points. Herring will be gone by then I would guess.

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. That will at least get me started. I have spent a lot of time on St Clair targeting smallies hopefully that will help me find some fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts