Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:

Looking for reviews of the Cedar Deer Blind kits sold by "Productive Cedar Products, LLC" Hubbard Lake, MI. They claim to have sold "10,000" deer blind kits and I bet most of these were in Michigan.

So for those who have bot them or hunted out of them, please give me your input ie. "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" :D

So lets hear it. Thanks.

NB

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well, I have had a couple of their blinds for over ten years. They are functional but flimzy in my opinion. Most of the structural members are 2X2 stock and the walls are roofing paper covered by thin slab wood. The windows are way too low and difficult to shoot out of. There are different window types depending on what model of blind you get. We have had to insulate them in order to use them in the weather conditions here in the UP. We have had continuous problems with the roofs leaking. That said, we have killed a pile of deer out of these blinds!
Last year we took our experiences with those blinds and built two new blinds, larger, with the windows at a proper heigth, stronger materials, better roofing, insulated, for what it would have cost to purchase two of their blinds. We plan to tear down and replace the last remaining Productive Cedar blind and build another new blind this summer. I might add that we have put carpet on all the floors to quiet movements in the blinds. I am satisified that we got our moneys worth out of the two blinds that we bought.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the real world review. We have some steel panels left over from our pole barn build that we can reinforce that roof with. And we would also need to reinforce/tweak some other things about it too. It would nevertheless save some time on the initial build.

Any other comments?? Thanks.

NB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts