Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
Unsafe working conditions are common, dangerous conditions are normal. When you are talking about government employment, they are often required, and never compensated for.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Made them all attend meetings and company functions.
Also not allowed to eat at your own desk only the company dining hall. Most didn't take it serious. Others were afraid to speak out. Didn't want to make waves or lose their jobs. She
Sounds like she was "Forced" to do what she didnt want to do.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Unsafe working conditions are common, dangerous conditions are normal. When you are talking about government employment, they are often required, and never compensated for.
Very true. As commom as they are, does not change the fact of Accountability. Very rare many get compensated for what they truly put into it...

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
And just wait until all health care workers are federal employees. That is just one of the goals of many in government, and the public.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
I'm not going to search out the report, but I remember hearing a doctor on one of the news channels saying that those who have already had an active case of COVID-19 has antibodies and wouldn't likely need a vaccine right away. He went on to say that he thought the vaccines would be good for around eight months, which I took to mean that everyone would probably need an additional vaccine near the end of 2021. I also took it to mean that COVID-19 survivors would also need that shot.
I guess we'll know more when the actual data is presented for review. Should be very soon for Pfizer at least.
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r...ntech-conclude-phase-3-study-covid-19-vaccine

·
Premium Member
30,274 Posts
She probably could have wore the mask. They did call everyone back from working at home. Made them all attend meetings and company functions.
Also not allowed to eat at your own desk only the company dining hall. Most didn't take it serious. Others were afraid to speak out. Didn't want to make waves or lose their jobs. She was the only one in her whole building to wear a mask. They told her she wasn't a "good fit." They gave her her walking papers.
She might be able to file a lawsuit because of the mask issue. The company might settle because it wouldn't want the bad publicity this type of suit would bring. She could make a big stink about it to the news media. Especially since the company COVID cases.

Reactions: sureshot006

·
Registered
11,187 Posts
The company is based in Wisconsin. She did speak with a lawyer and decided not to pursue it. They gave her 3 month severance package. Some of her friends that still work there told her they have since reported it to OSHA. Don't know if anything has become of it.

She was let go in May.
Severance pacakges are where they get you. When you accept the severance at my company you waive the right for lawsuit. I am sure a good lawyer might be able to get past that contract but it certainly makes it alot tougher. When you are being shown the door it is tough to turn down the money. My company offers decent severance but they spent 3 yrs thinning out people over 50. The even told us they were trying to get younger.....but when they sent those 50+ year old worker packing they gave them 7 months severance.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Severance pacakges are where they get you. When you accept the severance at my company you waive the right for lawsuit. I am sure a good lawyer might be able to get past that contract but it certainly makes it alot tougher. When you are being shown the door it is tough to turn down the money. My company offers decent severance but they spent 3 yrs thinning out people over 50. The even told us they were trying to get younger.....but when they sent those 50+ year old worker packing they gave them 7 months severance.
That is the problem, hard to fight a billionaire. They lost a good employee.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Not a hard decision. Maybe for some..... 3-7 month severance package is a JOKE. MY world still turns the rest of the months/year...Good luck with the "Younger" work force. Experience will out do young lazy azz any day.

·
Super Moderator
35,160 Posts
Not a hard decision. Maybe for some..... 3-7 month severance package is a JOKE. MY world still turns the rest of the months/year...Good luck with the "Younger" work force. Experience will out do young lazy azz any day.
Many times severance is a bonus. Its easy for certain jobs to get a good severance and go work for another company in a week or 2 making just as much or more.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Back to the original topic of this thread.

If I had the ear of the people making the decisions on how to roll out the vaccine, I’d push for using big data to help guide the effort. Use all the cell phone location metadata to identify the people that are in close contact with the most other people. They get it first when it’s open to the general public and the rollout works it’s way down through the population in order of most likely to spread it based on contacts to least likely to spread it. The hermits that don’t leave home aren’t much of a threat anyway.

But before it gets to the general public, I’d group in with all the front line workers all the people that share a household with someone hospitalized with COVID. These people are going to need to be the caretakers of the sick after they get discharged, so in my book they are in the same group as healthcare workers; they just aren’t getting paid for it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts