Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
earier this year i sent in for my ccw permit in wayne co. they said i should get it around labor day, well i still have not gotten anything in the mail. what does the envelope look like, what should i expect to see in the mail? i hope i did'nt throw it away on accident.
thaks
scoe

·
Registered
185 Posts
In my county, the clerk handles such matters. Give the clerk's office a call and see what's up. There was quite a back-up for background checks, but it shouldn't take that long.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It took 3 months after I applied to receive mine. It seems like I remember having to call Lansing to find out what the deal was.

I dont remember the # but I will try to find it for you.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The county has 30 days (may have changed since the July 1st changes to the law) after which you can go to the next gun board meeting and request a temporary permit.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Dude you are out of luck!!!!! Wayne county is the WORST of all county’s. I’m telling you now it’s going to take a LONG time and your going to have to do some legwork. First right off the bat call the State police and make sure that they got your stuff and that they sent it over to Wayne County. Next, they NEVER and I mean NEVER sent any paper work to me saying that mine was in. I just went down after calling the state police and sure enough there it was a month after my due date. And the best part was that the lady was a B!TCH about it. Good luck

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I was one of the first batch of CPL (it's actually a concealed pistol license, not a concealed carry of weapon) for Wayne Co. It took about 3 months, and received a letter in the mail, no hassles, other than the long lead time. If it hasn't been 3 months, the trouble you are going to go through to get it isn't going to cut that down. Also, if you tick off the people in the clerk's office, they are going to make it hard on you. May not be good/right, but it's a fact of living in Wayne. Have you contacted MCRGO to let them know what is going on? They have been watching it pretty closely and doing what they can to straighten out problems, etc. Go to their CCW faq at www.mcrgo.org for info on what steps to take.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It sucks living down here doesn't it? I turned mine in about a month ago and said to the lady, I guess I can expect my permit in about a month, huh? ( that's what my instructor told the class) She said Oh no, it'll take much longer than that, several months. Most guy's I have heard from down here have gotten it in 3 - 5 months.

Lawnboy, I think Oakland Co. may be even worse, heard of some people waiting like 10 months! Nice to know that us guy's and gal's with no record and that are lawabinding citizens have to wait while the average thug can go pick one up on the street any ole' day - bureaucracy!

My instructor told us of a guy from the U.P. who took the class down here went back and had his permit in a lttle over two weeks!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was told yesterday in St. Clair Co. it would be 3 mos. before I got mine back. The county has 45 days after they get your prints back from the State Police to notify you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
it was posted on another board that the state police have added a second shift to process finger prints and as of sept. 22 (or so), they were up to date. what this means for the permit process, i don't know...but that is one less problem.

there is a number to call at the state police to find out about the status of your fingerprints. once your finger prints have cleared, you should get your permit relatively fast or be able to get the temporary permit. when you applied, you gave them two pics...one was for the possibility of having to be issued the temporary permit.

i'll try to post the phone number later.

jack

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Any recent experiences regarding Wayne County? I am curious if there is any improvement in the process?

·
Registered
226 Posts
scoe1 said:
they said i should get it around labor day, well i still have not gotten anything in the mail.
Don't mean to point out the obvious but why are you even worrying about this now? If they said Labor Day you still have 4-months to wait.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Mark Harmes said:
It sucks living down here doesn't it? I turned mine in about a month ago and said to the lady, I guess I can expect my permit in about a month, huh? ( that's what my instructor told the class) She said Oh no, it'll take much longer than that, several months. Most guy's I have heard from down here have gotten it in 3 - 5 months.

Lawnboy, I think Oakland Co. may be even worse, heard of some people waiting like 10 months! Nice to know that us guy's and gal's with no record and that are lawabinding citizens have to wait while the average thug can go pick one up on the street any ole' day - bureaucracy!

My instructor told us of a guy from the U.P. who took the class down here went back and had his permit in a lttle over two weeks!
Yep, thats all it takes up here. A gun registration card takes 5 minutes also from the gun shop to the co sherrif and back to pick up the gun. :coolgleam

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Doublegun said:
Don't mean to point out the obvious but why are you even worrying about this now? If they said Labor Day you still have 4-months to wait.
Actually he posted that on 10-03-03. I revived this old thread to find out what kind of job Wayne county has done recently since I am going through the process at the present time.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My mistake. That is rediculous.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Okay, I was starting to get pretty pissed off, but never lostr my cool in dealing with Wayne County. :dizzy: I was hung up on 3 times! I called the wayne county sheriffs office, they were great, called Dearborn Cop Shop, very pleasant and helpful, called the state police, again friendly and very helpful. The lady from the state police said they were all to framilar with the problems in Wayne county and with the person I told them I had been dealing with, so what does that tell you. Well after all this digging around on my own, several more calls to Wayne county clerks office with my findings and a threatened call to the State Attorney Generals, low and behold things happened fast. 8 Months to the day of turning my paper work in I finally got the permit

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
lawnboy said:
Well I’m about ready for a renewal and I’m not sure if I want to go all thought that again.
Don't give in. That's what they want you do do. You guys ought to call the NRA and see if they can straighten them out.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
It's funny how WACO works. I applied for mine back when there was the big rush. Got it in 3 months, all the people I dealt with were courteous. I know people that applied before I did, and didn't get theirs until months after I had mine. Completely mind boggling.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts