Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What if? Then the boomers buy up all the $600/5000 primers because the avg Joe can't afford to shoot anymore.

Just pushing buttons 馃お
I guess you have not been keeping up with the news. The greatest transfer of wealth in the history of the US has already began. Instead in of earning a living the following generations will be handed $35T their forefathers earned. It鈥檚 no wonder why they are referred to as the entitlement generation. Since it鈥檚 basically free it鈥檚 no wonder why they can afford prices that are 17 times higher. ;)

I guess you have not been keeping up with the news. The greatest transfer of wealth in the history of the US has already began. Instead in of earning a living the following generations will be handed $35T their forefathers earned. It鈥檚 no wonder why they are referred to as the entitlement generation. Since it鈥檚 basically free it鈥檚 no wonder why they can afford prices that are 17 times higher. ;)

"Must be nice". I am investing/saving/planning to receive nothing and maybe leave some for my kids.

Registered
I've been paying right around 75 bucks a thousand. Try using shootingbot.com they send you email alerts you just have to be ready when they email you. Only have a few minutes before they sell out.
I'm on no less than a dozen suppliers in stock email alerts. When I get the alert, most times they are gone already. I've got lucky a couple times. I have better luck in stores.

Registered
If you don't have primers or powder it's because you didn't learn anything the last time we went through the same thing.. Sure the numbers are worse. However you all had time to get what you needed. I'm likely to die before I run out of components. I didn't hoard when things were bad. I bought in times of plenty. I also bought when prices were low at local stores.. I really don't have a lot of sympathy for the unprepared.. YMMV .

Registered
If you don't have primers or powder it's because you didn't learn anything the last time we went through the same thing.. Sure the numbers are worse. However you all had time to get what you needed. I'm likely to die before I run out of components. I didn't hoard when things were bad. I bought in times of plenty. I also bought when prices were low at local stores.. I really don't have a lot of sympathy for the unprepared.. YMMV .
Mostly correct but if your a guy that didn't use magnum primers and had no reason to buy them, you won't find them all that easy today. That's the case with me. I haven't shot magnums much for several years and the last two years I built a 338 LM improved and a 300 PRC Improved. I had loaded ammo for my previous magnums and didn't need any primers. I have 3000 mag primers so not out but usually I have 6-8K in whatever size I use. I'll get some way before I run out.

Registered
Williams gunsight has been failry stocked with 209 and small rifle primers the last 3 times I have been there. For rifle they have CCI and Winchester brand. For shotgun CCI and Cheddite. Limit 500.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Sportsman's warehouse gets standard rifle in small and large also regularly. It's the small and large magnums that seem slow to show up

Registered
Mostly correct but if your a guy that didn't use magnum primers and had no reason to buy them, you won't find them all that easy today. That's the case with me. I haven't shot magnums much for several years and the last two years I built a 338 LM improved and a 300 PRC Improved. I had loaded ammo for my previous magnums and didn't need any primers. I have 3000 mag primers so not out but usually I have 6-8K in whatever size I use. I'll get some way before I run out.
I never had a use for large pistol primers until last year, so of course I never stocked up on them. I haven't seen much available.

Reactions: LGB

Registered
Uh huh...

A 6% raise on starvation level income isn' t making anybody fat and happy.....
Yep. Considering all the starting wage jobs out there have gone from 8-9.00 per hour to 12-16.00, I'd say that 5.9% in SS raise isn't even close to the increases the minimum wage people are getting today. On top of that, restaurant meals have increased 40% from it. Sure don't help the retiree's one bit.

Registered
People just don' t learn.

They buy when prices are high. This encourages gouging. I strongly suspect some gun shops are leaving the piles of primers in the back room - then putting them out a box or two at a time. They encourage panic buying.

Primers are not perishable guys. Keep them out of the mud and they will be good your entire lifetime.

The ONLY way prices are going to come back down is if the panic monkeys chill out and quit paying the huge money....

Registered
People just don' t learn.

They buy when prices are high. This encourages gouging. I strongly suspect some gun shops are leaving the piles of primers in the back room - then putting them out a box or two at a time. They encourage panic buying.

Primers are not perishable guys. Keep them out of the mud and they will be good your entire lifetime.

The ONLY way prices are going to come back down is if the panic monkeys chill out and quit paying the huge money....
Yep true but if you want to shoot today, there's really no choice. Most older shooters don't want to wait till there about dead before buying primers. At this point in my life, I'm not waiting for anything if I can find it now. You young guys can if you chose but life's too short to sit around 3,4,5 years maybe more before **** comes back down.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts