Registered
39,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Target Sports has them in stock with free shipping. Case of 5000 $599.00

·
Registered
39,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t say they were cheap just available. I felt I was over paying for Remington 7-1/2 a couple years ago but didn’t care. I would rather be looking at them vs for them. A firearm without ammo is just an expensive club.

·
45,108 Posts
Yep there running 89.99 per 1000 most places. Powder is 40-60.00 per pound and brass and bullets up about the same. I bought about 8000 primers 4 years ago at 32.99 per 1000. Roughly 3 times the price today. Powder has doubled and brass and bullets up 50%.
Yes I paid $30-32/1000 last time. So not 17x what I paid before but rather 4x. Excuse my exaggeration lol

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yes I paid $30-32/1000 last time. So not 17x what I paid before but rather 4x. Excuse my exaggeration lol
No, it's frustrating for sure. I get it. Retirement income isn't for these kinds of increases, that's for sure. Not for how much I like to shoot. My 100-150 rounds per range session are now 40-60. Not something I like to have to do.

·
45,108 Posts
No, it's frustrating for sure. I get it. Retirement income isn't for these kinds of increases, that's for sure. Not for how much I like to shoot. My 100-150 rounds per range session are now 40-60. Not something I like to have to do.
Hell, retirees got bigger raises than most, on a percentage basis

·
Registered
39,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope. What was the SS increase? 5.9%?

Most raises I've heard about in MI were on the order of 3-4% avg.
What if SSI only represents 20% or less of your income? It’s only a supplement and was never intended to be all your retirement income.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Nope. What was the SS increase? 5.9%?

Most raises I've heard about in MI were on the order of 3-4% avg.

View attachment 831490
Yep I think 5.9% was the SS increase. For those not getting SS yet and retired with a fixed pension, there aren't any increases. Zero. Not complaining cause it wouldn't help if I did anyway but smart shopping helps. I buy alot of my reloading stuff from sellers not needing what they have. Usually a bit less money but not nearly what it once was.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It does look like primers and powder have dropped a bit in price. There also showing up in stores but go fast once they arrive. I've so red on primers and powder at Sportsman's warehouse the day they get shipments in. Powder was 50.00 lb. Primers were 89.99. I think they'll drop more once the supply builds back up and when demand drops a little. What bothers me more is that the cost of factory loaded ammunition is less than loading 20 rounds at today's costs of powder, brass, bullets and primers. 3.85 per round for me to load the 300PRC. I can buy a 20 round box of Precision Hunter ammo for the 300PRC for 65-70.00. Costs me 77.00 to load 20 rounds today. That's not right.

·
45,108 Posts
Yep I think 5.9% was the SS increase. For those not getting SS yet and retired with a fixed pension, there aren't any increases. Zero. Not complaining cause it wouldn't help if I did anyway but smart shopping helps. I buy alot of my reloading stuff from sellers not needing what they have. Usually a bit less money but not nearly what it once was.
Yeah. So most went backward instead of neutral with respect to cost of living.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts