Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good friend returned from Erie yesterday about 7pm. Had his boat docked and was going to get his trailer when another boat that was pushing a pretty good size wake came thru the harbor and ended up pushing his boat over the top of the dock and when it came down, it hit the top of the dock and the gunnel separated from the side wall. As you know those docks are sometimes quite far out of the water depending on the wind direction. Just be careful. Hopefully he can have it repaired. Pictures are hard to see the damage
3E3E786E-E2CE-40CE-8444-FACE84FC7435.jpeg
5F4D7037-945C-4590-AA34-8AB0B27004D8.jpeg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage. I have yet to get out this spring, but between this, nails in tires at SSP, and the long launch lines on the river even on weekdays, it makes me wonder if I even want to go out to battle all of this.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
To me it looks more vs just top separation
The hull side looks to be stressed in based on the shadowing/ how the light rolls across the surface. It could have moved a bulkhead

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
it's not common sense it's they don't care about the trailer boats...i've seen them do it before and when you yell at them they don't even look or slow down.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I keep my boat in the boat club out of sterling, i dont understand why its like a f ing race to get out to the lake. It is a no wake zone, and if you yell at someone they just flip you the bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
I am envious of your boat every time I pass. Not in my future, but a lottery dream.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I think it's odd how they have it posted 5mph. I have to go much slower not to throw a wake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts