Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:coolgleamWent fishing in a private pond a few days ago after work and caught 4 catfish 2 blue cats and 2 channel cats they are farm raised fish gabbies dad butch feeds them twice a day with pellets. first time i tried it there. the biggest was 16 pounds and 31 inches the rest were around 10 pounders the pond is 22 feet deep spring fed. i am going to smoke the fillets tommorrow got them soaking now in a salt water brine. i also caught a stripper bass not pictured they get up to 40 pounds. the one i got was only like 5 pounds. i also had three fish break my line. some of the catfish are up to 50 pounds in his pond he said. had a really good time. it was really different than fishing lake erie for a change. Faith caught a really huge largemouth bass. and some of the bluegills in there were a foot long and at least a pound in weight. but he would not let me keep any of them. but the catfish will do just fine. i forgot my camera so i had to take the pics when i got home
it was like 10:00 p.m. by the time i got home and cleaned them. i was so tired. i am working 10 hours again. the fish took like 5 minutes each to get the fish in to shore had to leave the drag really loose i only had 8 pound line. i did not realize how big these fish were.untill i got one. hoping to go back soon..:coolgleam

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts