Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There MUST be catfish in the lower Detroit River (from Ecorse to Erie). but nobody seems to fish for them -- or maybe some guys just ain't tellin'!

I want to catch a few cats. Can anyone give me some advice?

PM me or email me at [email protected].

--Old Dave, Still Trying After All These Years:help:

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Dont overlook the Upper in the Fall......As many CATS as you want.....

Mushy

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip! I left a message for him to call me regarding a charter. -- Old Dave, Still Trying After All These Years

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
we were getting some pretty consitantly around the dumping grounds on the channels edge they ranged from 10-20 lbs it was in the end of summer also all on crawler harnesses

·
Registered
531 Posts
Slimshady said:
Call Don Sweet at 313-478-2894. I went out on a charter with him a couple years ago. We hit a bunch of spots on the Detroit River and surrounding area. We caught a bunch of catfish. It was a blast.
.......Slim I will call Don for a chartered trip but please tell. were you fishing anywere close to wyandott??

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Robert Hoover said:
we were getting some pretty consitantly around the dumping grounds on the channels edge they ranged from 10-20 lbs it was in the end of summer also all on crawler harnesses

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: Average size 5 to 15 lbs......All day long....Got Corn Meal balls, will catch Channel Cats.....

Mushy

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Regarding my trip with Don, we used my boat and we launched out of Wyandotte. He asked me if I wanted to focus on catching fish, or learning spots and techniques. I told him spots and techniques, so we did a bunch of moving around to say the least. We fished all the way down the river, up into the Huron River and even down past the Edison Plant in Monroe and then back. Burned a bunch of gas. However, it was definitely a great learning experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts