Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making the trip next weekend. Not sure on camp perry or Catawba island yet. Which hotels are the best for trailers and popular fisherman ones? Thanks! Anyone else going down???

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
204 Posts
There are a lot of hotels in that area. We stayed at quality inn. Good price, nice hotel. Not a lot of parking for trailers but we made it work

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I stay at OUR GUEST INN in Pt Clinton. 419-734-7111 Not fancy, but the price is right and trailer parking is good.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Camp Perry has places to stay also. Contact them.
Not being familiar with the area, what is the city to look in??? Where at camp perry is the parking and launch area??? I've passed by the installation going back and forth to Huron, but never noticed a city (Oak Harbor??) or launch location signs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
All, We (Camp Perry) have just updated our procedures for ice fishing. Policy memorandum, map, and other information are available in a readily identifiable mail box in the middle of the first major intersection on the camp. Again, thanks to all who support us by observing the posted rules. We realize that we have one of the safest harbors for putting in and we want to be able to support you all in the future. As a reminder we do have lodging on site and the store located in building three has hot beverages, sodas, water, hot food, sandwiches and other items.

·
Registered
184 Posts
All, We (Camp Perry) are permitting people to park in the Conference Center parking lot. We occasionally do shut that parking lot down when we have events. We did so on Saturday and I want to thank all the ice fishermen who respected the facility and observed our posted regulations. As mentioned earlier in this thread we are allowing lake Erie access for snow mobiles and ATVs on the North East Corner of the post in the Conference center parking lot. Phone number to our front desk is 614-336-6214. We do offer lodging options for those interested in staying overnight.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Reports are slow right now, open water 5 miles NNW of perry. Stay east of pier and cross cracks with caution. Was out myself last saturday and was slow for us too. Cold next week also, fish should turn on good soon. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,021 Posts
It is NOT slow for everyone. We talked to a group of 3 guys today who had 18 by 9 am and ended with over 40 by 10:30.

Just gotta find them.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies. Thinking I should find something in port Clinton to be between the two. That way we can do either or. Thanks again

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is NOT slow for everyone. We talked to a group of 3 guys today who had 18 by 9 am and ended with over 40 by 10:30.

Just gotta find them.
Any general info lobrass? Depth?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts